Evo Red Meat

Thread: Evo Red Meat

hauts is offline Member

DefaultEvo Red Meat

Does anyone feed Evo Red Meat? I usually put my lab on this during spring/summer/fall when she is very active. She has always been great on it, but last fall the last bag I put her on she began developing really big eye boogers whenever she slept. I didn't think much of it at the time. I just thought she got something in her eyes while hunting which she has done before and it clears up. This time it didn't clear up until I put her on a different food which I usually do switch it up. I put her on TOTW and all of a sudden her eye boogers cleared. I did some research and others had reported eye boogers with Evo Red Meat. Then I saw somewhere that there was a class action lawsuit against Evo for deceptive advertising on their labels. For now I am not sure if I should try it again next bag of food. Anyone have any experience with Evo Red Meat? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I fed Evo Red Meat for a long time. I didn't notice any big eye boogers. I finally stopped feeding the EVO because my dogs were getting to heavy on it... and I was barely feeding them anything. So I went to a different no-grain product with lower protein levels and my dogs weight dropped and stabilized. Overall I liked Evo, but my dogs all gained too much on it for me to keep feeding it.

hauts is offline Member

Yeah, it is for high energy/active dogs. That's why I feed it in the spring/summer/fall. Tikka is constantly running, retrieving, swimming, or hunting in those seasons. The winter she is less active, but I still try to get her out on walks granted it's not -30 zero.