Acana Pacifica

Thread: Acana Pacifica

Dio's mama is offline Senior Member

DefaultAcana Pacifica

So, I searched JL for a review on Acana Pacifica dog food and found none.

I've done some research online on it and it looks like a great product. Basically, Dio has had chronic ear infections and pretty bad dandruff when I brush him. He's been on Innova LBP since 2 weeks after we brought him home, so, for the past 8 months. I decided to switch him to an adult food at 10 months and chose Acana Pacifica for the grain-free formula and the fish one for the coat attributes.

My question, has anyone tried this? Do yo think it will help?

Thanks!
    Gabrielle
    Dio (Best Bud since July 18th, 2009)
    Kaity (Sweetheart since April 29th, 2012)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThreeTs is offline Senior Member

I am feeding Acana Pacifica to my dog (she's a year old). The main problem is getting a bag, with constant shortages of Pacifica. When she is on other brands of fish based food she has dandruff, but not when on Pacifica. The reason she is on fish is a chicken intolerance (loose stool). If your dog is not intolerant to chicken you might try Wild Prairie first, its easier to get, and I don't need the competition! Keep in mind that even Wild Prairie has plenty of fish oil in it, the Omega 6 to 3 ratio on Wild Prairie is 5.5:1, which is a lot more Omega 3 proportionally than most foods some are 10:1 or even less of Omega 3.