Not sure about my dog
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not sure about my dog

MrGame is offline Junior Member

DefaultNot sure about my dog

Grover is usually really hyper, but last week after his 1st birthday, he's been really quiet. I don't know if it's that he's suddenly turned the corner and is able to relax in the house, or if he's sick. He eats his food (although sometimes he nibbles for a while beforehand), and he drinks water and everything. He's just incredibly quiet now and it's either a blessing that I can really enjoy his company cuz he doesn't wanna chew or destroy anymore (haha) or I need to get him to the vet ASAP. any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

Since we're not there to observe, it will be hard for us to say what's going on. Sometimes it is like a switch going off, when they finally figure out how to behave. Honestly, if you're concerned, I'd rather spend the money on the vet for a complete check up rather than wait and see if he's not feeling well.

Laura

Quote Originally Posted by labby View Post
    Since we're not there to observe, it will be hard for us to say what's going on. Sometimes it is like a switch going off, when they finally figure out how to behave. Honestly, if you're concerned, I'd rather spend the money on the vet for a complete check up rather than wait and see if he's not feeling well.
    It looks like he's ok. i was playing some fetch with him before and he was running around. I guess it's just taking the little (now, big) guy a while to wake up from his naps

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Just keep an eye on him. If you see anything that seems off, maybe get him checked out. A young dog shouldn't take long to wake up from naps. 7 years and up, maybe, but not a yearling.

Laura

You're right, when the vet opens tomorrow I'll make an appointment for him. Hopefully everything's ok, I worry about my buddy cuz I love em

Hopefully (and probably) everything is okay, but like I said, I'd rather spend the money early on and be certain. Good luck.

Laura

Tanwen is offline Senior Member
    I moved to Banbury in Oxfordshire in 1993,prior to that I llived in Birkenhead,Cheshire

I agree...better to go to the vet and spend the money to reassure yourself everything is OK...if you don't and it turns out you should have, you'll never be able to forgive yourself.

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

Ask the vet about the possibility of lymes disease too.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

I'm glad you're taking him in. Update us when you can, please?

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Update: the vet examined him closely, checked his rectum, took a stool sample (will take a couple days to get the results back), checked his belly for tightness/discomfort, and she said she found nothing amiss other than the fact that his temperature is elevated 1 degree above normal. She gave him an antibiotic and some gentle food for his stomach (he had loose bowels last night) and told me to check in in another week. She said that there were no signs of anything to be seriously concerned about though; he is probably just quieting down as he gets older. I recall him being a VERY mellow puppy before he hit about 6 months, so that could just be his personality. He's sleeping on my bed next to me as I type this. I love him and I really hope he's ok.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast