red eyelids

Thread: red eyelids

Questionred eyelids

I searched for a bit but couldn't find anything related. Moka is just over 4 months now. We have noticed that from time to time his lower eye lids become red and a bit swollen perhaps. Definetly noticably red. But nothing with the eye itself, seems to just be the secondary lids.

He has had them checked at the vet throughout his first few visits and nothing was wrong. Usually they are only like that for a day or so, sometimes even shorter. But yesterday and today both the same redness. No change in his behaviour and it doesn't seem to bother him.

Just wondering what some thought? Any experiences? Any eyedrops recommended?

If it doesn't go away in another day or two I guess another trip to the vet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bbbbmom is offline Senior Member

My dog has red eyelids at times....from rubbing his face in the carpet and pawing at his eyes because of allergies.

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

Was your puppy looked at by a ACVO doctor for a CERF exam before you got her? There are conditions that can cause what you are talking about.

Google search ectropion in dogs.
    Last edited by Luvmydog2much; 03-03-2010 at 11:09 AM.
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanwen is offline Senior Member
    I moved to Banbury in Oxfordshire in 1993,prior to that I llived in Birkenhead,Cheshire

Dinozzo had conjuctivitis - my vet said it was quite common and gave me some ointment to use. Problem with conjuncitivits is that it is VERY infectious and can be transmitted to humans.

Today they are not red or appear swollen. They do seem to look like some of the pictures at times when I googled ectropion in dogs. He was indeed checked by our breeders doctor prior to him coming home and does have his eyes gaurenteed. But this was at 7 weeks and I am begining to wonder how they can tell or not if something will devlop in time.

We will continue to monitor this and I think will probably be heading to the vet if we notice it worsen. Again they are not red today???