What's wrong with my lab?

Thread: What's wrong with my lab?

UnhappyWhat's wrong with my lab?

Hello. Maybe someone out there can help me. I have a 5 year old yellow male lab. Starting yesterday he started having his normally wagging tail tucked way in and down, no wagging. He still ate yesterday and had his appetite. Just the day before he went on his regular walk and felt great. This morning he did not eat his breakfast. I felt around his body and when I get to his tail he actually yelped! So something to do with his tail, but do not see anything or any redness. Any ideas? You can also tell from his face he's not feeling well. Also has a real hard time sitting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

It sounds like it could be limp/cold tail. http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/limbertail-update704.html

Yes, it sounds like the symptoms he has. Thanks for the input. He just ate his "breakfast" now at 4:30pm, so that's at least a good sign. And he certainly has been resting all day, so apparently that's the best thing for him. Thanks again. By the way, how do you post a pic on here? Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Glad I could help. This how I post a picture. First you have to have it on the internet someplace, like Photobucket or Shutterfly. To put it in a post, click on the photo icon in the row of buttons where you can make changes to your fonts (next to the one that looks like an envelope), click on "from URL" tab and copy & paste the URL of your picture. Oh, for some reason, I also have to uncheck the box that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". Then click Insert Image. This is a somewhat new format for the board, so there might be an easier way that I haven't figured out yet. I didn't have any luck with the option to post one right from the computer. But that could just be me.