4health, great option for those on a budget

Thread: 4health, great option for those on a budget

the dogfather is offline Junior Member

Smile4health, great option for those on a budget

my 2 dogs have been on 4health lg breed dod food since it came out and are doing absolutely wonderful. my black lab max has food allergies and the only other food he has done this well on was orijen (which i can't afford anymore). so after tons of research and trials i finally found an affordable premium food. you can only buy 4health at tractor supply, so if you dont have 1 near you your out of luck. i buy the lg bree formula and it cost me 24.99 for 35lbs. dogfoodadvisor.com has 4health ranked as a 4 out of 5 star food. not bad considering its cheaper than most 1 and 2 star foods. just wanted to share that with everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Tractor Suppy also sells Diamond Naturals, also rated 4 stars, and that's even cheaper. I feed Puff a Kirkland C&R dog food (house brand sold at Costco) made by the same company, and its formua is very similar to DN.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

The dogfather- you have 2 post's and they are about this food that is so great. Do you gain something from the sale of this food, or are you truly just out for the health of our pup's If your interested in the pup's health, welcome and come join some other threads. If your just interested in selling a product well I for one am not interested

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

4health contains grain. That is why I don't get it. The gal at Tractor supply tried to tell me it was "grain free". It is corn free, but not grain free.

I buy Taste of the Wild... grain free. (TSC)

Ruger gets very bad hot spots if he eats a lot of grain based products.

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3TailsWaggin View Post
    4health contains grain. That is why I don't get it. The gal at Tractor supply tried to tell me it was "grain free". It is corn free, but not grain free.

I buy Taste of the Wild... grain free. (TSC)

Ruger gets very bad hot spots if he eats a lot of grain based products.
    Yep- grain free food here, too. I will say, tho, if Caleb wasn't on a grain free diet, I think I'd try it.

the dogfather is offline Junior Member

Ido NOT receive anything from 4health and could care less if u feed it or not the other post was for someone feeding walmart food. I was simply sharring the results my dogs have had on it, if that offended u it was not my intention. I personaly think orijen is the best, and no I don't receive any money from them for saying that either, I wanted to let the people who r feeding purina, iams, pedigree know there r better options for their money. And no it is not made by diamond. Like I said feed what u want, I won't bother wasting my time posting here anymore.

blaisberg is offline Member

The large breed formula is only 327 calories/cup so you have to feed a lot more of it so it's not as economical as it appears... price per pound by itself doesn't tell you how much it will cost you to feed your dog. I'd have to feed my dog 50% more food per day than with Evo so I don't see how this is more economical than higher quality products.

Like some of the others who commented, I don't feed food with grains anyway.

I wouldn't consider this a "premium" food, although it's definitely much better than those corn-filled ones. Looking through the products at Tractor Supply (and I didn't look through them all), this at least appears to be the only one without corn.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I wouldn't consider this a "premium" food, although it's definitely much better than those corn-filled ones. Looking through the products at Tractor Supply (and I didn't look through them all), this at least appears to be the only one without corn.
    My local Tractor Supply stores sell "Diamond Naturals" which do not have corn and is, IIRC, rated 4 stars by dogfoodanalysis.com

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Pr. View Post
    My local Tractor Supply stores sell "Diamond Naturals" which do not have corn and is, IIRC, rated 4 stars by dogfoodanalysis.com
    Ours does, too. I think most of them carry it.
    They also haveTaste of the Wild's grain free food.

blaisberg is offline Member

I sit corrected. We don't have tractor supply stores nearby so I'm not familiar with them. They have a lot of products and I only scanned through a few - didn't mean to make a comment about what they carry, only that the 4health option at least doesn't have corn like so many of the other foods they carry. And of course, that some of these lower calorie foods are not as much of deal as they appear because you have to feed more of it.

It's always nice to have stores nearby that offer good choices, at various price points.

The specialty store I buy from still has to order what I feed my dog, but it's still cheaper than having it shipped.