walmart dog food - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: walmart dog food

rookyduckling is offline Senior Member

we have the big dogs on diamond naturals chicken and rice and the puppy on chicken soup for the puppy lovers soul ..................how old does he need to be before switching him to the adult food? although he does get a little bit by being sneaky ................his stools have finally firmed up ................

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

the dogfather is offline Junior Member

check out 4health dog food at tractor supply, you'll love it especially the price. good luck

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

There as as many choices of dog food as there are dogs I think! I agree that Walmart probably does not provide a food of choice. Diamond Natural is not a choice where I live so I can not comment on that although there are many on this board that like it. (Well, their dogs like it). While EVO is an excellent food, it is expensive. My Kodi is on TOTW fish and does very well on it (had ear issues with most other brands). My other kids are on Nature's Variety Prairie (chicken) and do well. One of their meals is kibble and the other RAW.

If you can afford RAW it is a good way to go. You can prepare totally RAW from scratch, feed a frozen RAW (a bit expensive) or do a dehydrated RAW, where you mix a dehydrated ration with water and mix raw meat in with it (which is what I do). Since I am an avid hunter (and have a good source for protein sources that I do not hunt or raise) this is a fairly economical option for me...certainly as feasible as a premium kibble. The RAW option takes a bit of research and investigative time to find economical and easily obtained protein sources

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by the dogfather View Post
    check out 4health dog food at tractor supply, you'll love it especially the price. good luck
    ive been wondering about that my dog was on large breed puppy from science diet till he was about 8 months then i went on to circle j extreme dog fuel which he didnt like muchbut at about a year i started feeding science diet high energy for duck season and i saw that 4health has the high performance and no grains! unlike science diet but i will say for anyone who has a very athletic dog the science diet high energy is a great way to go ruger was always hyped up he would wake me before my alarm and wouldnt sleep untill after the hunt or in between hunts and he always was at his prime on every bird and always focused he never missed a burd that went down as soon as he was on thAT Pplatform he was eyes in the sky but at the first of the season he was on the circle j and he would sleep if it was a slow day and always on the way to the honey hole

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12