PediPaw
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PediPaw

Lucky6 is offline Senior Member

DefaultPediPaw

Does anyone have or tried a "PediPaw" nail grooming tool? I usually let the vets clip Koko's nails because I am afraid of clipping too much by accident. I thought with this tool it would be safer.
    Katie adopted by koko

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Lucky6 is offline Senior Member

Ok, just read a lot of negative reviews on this product. Any other good suggestions?
    Katie adopted by koko

kaytris is offline Senior Member

I like it - it's quiet and does a reasonably good job at sanding the nails down. Drawback is that the motor is fairly low power so it's not a fast process - if I had the money I would get a mini dremel grinder, same idea, better motor.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky6 View Post
    Ok, just read a lot of negative reviews on this product. Any other good suggestions?
    The good old Dremel does a great job. I've been using Ken's old corded one, but plan on buying a cordless one as soon as finances allow.

Quote Originally Posted by kaytris View Post
    ...Drawback is that the motor is fairly low power so it's not a fast process...
    The guy at the local pet supply store actually lost a sale one day- someone asked about the Pedi Paw and he told her the motor wasn't strong enough for a dog the size of hers-a Lab.

bbbbmom is offline Senior Member

Yeah, I like mine but it does take FOREVER. Dogs only have so much patience. I can only use it on one dog who isn't scared of the motor noise.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

None of those would work for Puff. It usually takes all my strength lying on the floor beside her while someone else clips her nails. And then, sometimes, we even need the help of one more person.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Dani is offline Senior Member

I clip and use a dremmel. No problems here.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Henery&Ollie's mom is offline Senior Member

I bring my boyz to a groomer friend who clips their nails, and then dremels. She had a PediPaws but found the same thing, that there just wasn't enough oooomph to do big lab nails, so she dremels now.

That reminds me, I have to bring the boyz in tomorrow. Ollie keeps his pretty short on his own by nibbling on them.

Nick is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaytris View Post
    I like it - it's quiet and does a reasonably good job at sanding the nails down. Drawback is that the motor is fairly low power so it's not a fast process - if I had the money I would get a mini dremel grinder, same idea, better motor.
    Yeah, I don't have the money for one either, but I like the PediPaw. It works for us, and Jes doesn't mind it.

It definitely can take a while, but I've learned to just not let his nails get as long. That's probably better off for him anyways. The Dremel is better, but if you're looking for a lower cost alternative, I would recommend it.

vickig is offline Member

Tried Pedipaws. Got to where Bo would let me work on his nails for a little while, but as everyone said, not long enough to have much effect. Gus was just freaked out by the whole thing. I'll keep taking them to the groomer for their nails. I think he has clippers and a dremel. Don't know if he's just better at it or has more people to keep Gus quiet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast