puupy ate sock now sick

Thread: puupy ate sock now sick

Defaultpuupy ate sock now sick

My 17 week old lab ate a sock a couple of days ago. I went to pick up a pair of socks and could not find the mate I joked that the puppy ate it but really hoped she didn't that was on Tuesday night. Well Thursday morning (today) around 10:30 am she started vomiting and eventually she vomited a black dress sock whole. Unfortunately this isn't the first time she has done this, so I thought it was business as usual she threw it up and she would be fine. Her behavior was still playful but she has continued to throw up all day. We are in bed now and are planning on going to the Vet tomorrow. But I very very worried. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? Since she vomited the sock, every time she eats a few hours later she vomits it back up. In the last few hours she decided she didn't want to try and eat or drink anymore. I just don't want something to happen to my pup in the middle of the night while we sleep.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

I think I'd be looking for an A/H emergency vet. Good luck.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Has she been pooping? If not, I would be at the vet, emergency vet if necessary. Has she eaten anything else that could still be in there creating a blockage?

17 weeks old? Needs constant supervision, eyes on, or in a crate. House needs to be puppy proofed. I hope she is okay and this episode is a learning warning.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

I would be worried that there was more than the one sock. The pup is young, might just be uncomfortable from puking the sock. But if she also hasn't pooped I would really worry there is something ELSE still inside of the pup. Which is dangerous and requires immediate emergency vet visit.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Labs are notorious for eating EVERYTHING..I hope she gets better soon.