Partial tear in stifle

Thread: Partial tear in stifle

tobynike is offline Junior Member

DefaultPartial tear in stifle

My almost 2 year old female black lab has been limping. She always sat kind of funny with her left back leg at an awkward angle. We took her to the vet 2 weeks ago and he took xrays and did confirm that it is not OCD and that her hips are fine. He gave us Deracoxib for her to take 1/2 tablet every 24 hours and no running, jumping, playing etc for 1 month. She can go outside 3x per day for 15 min on a leash......almost impossible to do since she won't poop on a leash and her 2 year old brother wants to play. He thinks it's a partial tear in her stifle, which I understand to be her knee. I don't see any improvement. Does anyone have any suggestions for us? I do think I want to get another opinion. She looks at steps like they're the enemy and that's the only way to go outside of our house. I just don't know what to do for her. Any help is appreciated.

jamie

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sticks1977 is offline Member

DefaultRe: Partial tear in stifle

Have a look on the web and see if you can locate any "bowen therapists". They are similar to a chiropractor or osteopath that we humans use... I had a similar scare with Fraser a few months back and took him to the vet, they were not really able to tell if he had done any damage to his knee (they said no positive drawer signs). I ended up looking around the web and some other dog forums and found the bowen therapist option.

Took Fraser there and he gave him a full examination and diagnosis. Said that no major damage was done to the knee but suggested some vitamins and cream to purchase from a health food store if anything happened to flare up again in the near future.

You may also want to look into Dog Chiropractors that are around as well... but I would try a bowen therapist first.

Regards, Shaun (Sticks1977)