Pro Plan C/R Original

Thread: Pro Plan C/R Original

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

DefaultPro Plan C/R Original

Looks like the bags will be 33lb and the price average about $45 a bag.
    Glad I switched.
    Kim

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Pro Plan C/R Original

I switched too. Hoss was the only one on it and it was a pain in the arse having three different dog foods!

I don't plan on going back either.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BlackLabJax is offline Senior Member

Thought I would share this with you. It was e-mailed to me from the people I get Jax's food from:

I just had a meeting with my Purina Rep yesterday.

Here’s the deal with the Shredded. According to him, people love the shredded blends, so they are keeping them. However, they are bringing back the original chicken and rice only in the 37.5lb bags. They are calling these bags, “breeder bags”, even though regular people can purchase them as well. Normally, when we order, we purchase pallets and get certain dollars off, therefore we can give our customers better pricing. Unfortunately, they are not doing this with these breeder bags. They are keeping these at a higher price because as he explained it, breeders (who they are gearing this to) get coupons from Purina and therefore the price will be better for them.

Let your Lab Board Friends know – wherever they get their food from – to ask for the “breeder bag chicken and rice” (it’s going to be black bag with a purple strip on the bottom). From the graphics I saw, I don’t even see where it states “breeder bag” on it, but that’s what they are calling it."

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLabJax
    Thought I would share this with you. It was e-mailed to me from the people I get Jax's food from:

I just had a meeting with my Purina Rep yesterday.

Here’s the deal with the Shredded. According to him, people love the shredded blends, so they are keeping them. However, they are bringing back the original chicken and rice only in the 37.5lb bags. They are calling these bags, “breeder bags”, even though regular people can purchase them as well. Normally, when we order, we purchase pallets and get certain dollars off, therefore we can give our customers better pricing. Unfortunately, they are not doing this with these breeder bags. They are keeping these at a higher price because as he explained it, breeders (who they are gearing this to) get coupons from Purina and therefore the price will be better for them.

Let your Lab Board Friends know – wherever they get their food from – to ask for the “breeder bag chicken and rice” (it’s going to be black bag with a purple strip on the bottom). From the graphics I saw, I don’t even see where it states “breeder bag” on it, but that’s what they are calling it."
    I saw they are going to bring it in the 37.5 bag. And of course the Rep has said people LOVE the shreds. But the feedback I get is people HATE it and most of them all have switched. Our Purina sales have dropped considerably.
    Problem is with the "breeder dollars" they are still just $7 and PP prices have gone up over $10 in the last year. All their formulas. Those $7 checks do nothing any more.
    I switched, they lost me, and I won't go back. I will just finish my puppy on the LB Puppy until she needs adult and put her on Diamond Naturals with the rest of the gang.
    Kim

They have lost me too....oh well....

georgie is offline Senior Member

I tried the Shredded blend. Our girls did okay on it but I am not crazy about it. We just bought a bag of the Selects Chicken & plan to switch to it. My husband & I just don't care for the shreds. Maybe it is the looks of it. We have also been researching other foods. I do know some of our lab club members went to the shredded blend & like it, but I'm not going to stay with it.