bad breath

Thread: bad breath

Snowflake is offline Senior Member

Defaultbad breath

Anyone use oxy fresh for their dog's breath? Or have other recommendations for bad breath products?

Hoppy has terrible breath and has since we got him a couple of weeks ago.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: bad breath

It could easily be a sign of dental or gum problems -- has your vet examined him?
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

after you have ruled out [as mentioned above] an[many!] health problems that could be the root cause of bad breath, you may just have a dog, like my Daisy, who had bad breath [fishy] even after several professional cleanings.
    the 'savior' for her/us was the ''Dental Mint'' flavor dog biscuits from Foster & Smith. they contain charcoal, parsley, and mint, have a texture like Milk-Bones, only rectangular & charcoal-colored.
    despite how that sounds, the dogs LOVE them, i can even use them as training treats!
    Daisy's breath went from DEAD FISH to sweet in less than a week, giving the small size 3-4 times a day as a treat.
    then i would break the small ones in half & she still maintained beautiful breath for the remaining 6 years of her life, i never even had to pay for a pro cleaning again.
    i cannot say how much i am thankfuul they make these things, i buy the 20-lb box, as i never want to be without them! [they sell smaller packages, of course.]
    BTW, no connection with F&S, just a loyal customer!

Quote Originally Posted by queenofthedogs
    after you have ruled out [as mentioned above] any [many!] health problems that could be the root cause of bad breath, you may just have a dog, like my Daisy, who had bad breath [fishy] even after several professional cleanings.
    the 'savior' for her/us was the ''Dental Mint'' flavor dog biscuits from Foster & Smith. they contain charcoal, parsley, and mint, have a texture like Milk-Bones, only rectangular & charcoal-colored.
    despite how that sounds, the dogs LOVE them, i can even use them as training treats!
    Daisy's breath went from DEAD FISH to sweet in less than a week, giving the small size 3-4 times a day as a treat.
    then i would break the small ones in half & she still maintained beautiful breath for the remaining 6 years of her life, i never even had to pay for a pro cleaning again.
    i cannot say how much i am thankfuul they make these things, i buy the 20-lb box, as i never want to be without them! [they sell smaller packages, of course.]
    BTW, no connection with F&S, just a loyal customer!