fatty acid supplement

Thread: fatty acid supplement

Defaultfatty acid supplement

hi! can anyone tell me if they've used Lipiderm or whether their is a better quality supplement out there?
    I first started giving myt 1 yr old the fish oil caps I take (pharmaceutical grade) but they didn't seem to help (allergies - lots of biting, scratching).

I started using Lipiderm and have noticed a significant difference over the past few weeks however someone I know told me it is an inferior brand and they wouldn't give it to their dogs. Usually I don't listen as I get enough grief that I feed her Purina Pro Plan Selects but thought I'd get a consensus from the group.

Thanks for any opinions!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: fatty acid supplement

If you are feeding a high quality kibble, there is no need to supplement. What are you feeding?
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Purina Pro Plan Selects chicken. I had switched her to Wellness but she had a terrible reaction (chewed her paws until raw and later developed a histiocytoma). I switched her back and started her on fish oil caps. Her paws have healed and the itching and scratching have lessened considerably.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

millstonekennel is offline Senior Member

If its is working I would stick with it. My guys get fish 2 oil caps every night along with kelp and missing link. I do this b/c I believe no food is 100% and it is cooked to death. And some dogs just need more than the food can provide them.
    Alicia

If the Lipiderm helped, I'd go back to that. I feed fish oil caps and vitamin E caps and that seems to do well for my crew. Some folks like Grizzly salmon oil, but whenever I tried that, the bottles just seem to leak all over the place, it was rather pricey, and did no more that the fish oil caps