Urinating?

Thread: Urinating?

DefaultUrinating?

My 9 month old Lab every few weeks urinates in the house. He knows to go to the door and after I let him out 15 minutes later he goes on the floor again. Not sure what to think so any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Urinating?

Has he been checked for a UTI?

Otherwise - he should be accompanied outside to be sure he is actually peeing and not getting distracted by leaves blowing around or something. That could happen and then he recalls his need to pee when he gets back inside.

He just finished a dose of antibiotics for Lymes disease so I don't think its that. The dog is very smart and its just frustrating when he does this. I take him out and yes he does get distracted but he should still go to the door- or maybe i'm just to hard on myself thinking that he shouldn't be doing that any more.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sklov
    He just finished a dose of antibiotics for Lymes disease so I don't think its that. The dog is very smart and its just frustrating when he does this. I take him out and yes he does get distracted but he should still go to the door- or maybe i'm just to hard on myself thinking that he shouldn't be doing that any more.
    At 9 months old he is at the "teenager" stage - where dogs often forget certain things they previously were solidly trained. I would just do some reinforcement of his training - and it may be simpler for you to just take him out to pee and praise him when he does perform.

I do treat when he goes outside but now I took my son out in the snow and my wife said Max was barking at the door and then went around the house a peed every where...

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Just keep offering to take him out often and good luck.