Disturbing Dreams

Thread: Disturbing Dreams

DefaultDisturbing Dreams

I have been having some very disturbing dreams lately. And they involve my 1 year old yellow lab "odie" dying. In most of these dreams he is just dead. The reasons are not clear, he's just dead. And it's absolutley heartbreaking. All of these dreams end with me waking up in a panic, then I realise that it isn't real, and it's over.

Last night I had a dream that I killed odie. But it wasn't by choice. It was against my will. I don't remember why. I picked him up by his hind legs, and whipped him repeatedly against a wall until he was knocked out. Then I snapped his neck. I was an emotional mess. I remember hystarically crying during and after it happened... Then I woke up, and realised it was a dream, once again.

This is really starting to freak me out. If I lost odie I don't know what I would do. I've never hurt him, and I would never do so in a million years. Why is this happening? I know nobody is going to be able to answer that question, but I needed to tell somebody. If I told my family or co workers they would think I'm nuts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Gene Guest

DefaultRe: Disturbing Dreams

I am no dream expert, but I think dreams are just dreams. I wouldn't worry about it. Heck, I dreamed that I was delivering food on my Schwan route completely naked. The unconsious mind can dream about all kinds of things that would NEVER happen.

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scoper50
    I have been having some very disturbing dreams lately. And they involve my 1 year old yellow lab "odie" dying. In most of these dreams he is just dead. The reasons are not clear, he's just dead. And it's absolutley heartbreaking. All of these dreams end with me waking up in a panic, then I realise that it isn't real, and it's over.

Last night I had a dream that I killed odie. But it wasn't by choice. It was against my will. I don't remember why. I picked him up by his hind legs, and whipped him repeatedly against a wall until he was knocked out. Then I snapped his neck. I was an emotional mess. I remember hystarically crying during and after it happened... Then I woke up, and realised it was a dream, once again.

This is really starting to freak me out. If I lost odie I don't know what I would do. I've never hurt him, and I would never do so in a million years. Why is this happening? I know nobody is going to be able to answer that question, but I needed to tell somebody. If I told my family or co workers they would think I'm nuts.
    Dreams often reflect something going on in our conscious life. Whether it be something your aware of or something subconscious. It likely has nothing to do with dying or your dogs. Could be something in your relationship, social life, family or even work. Stress related.
    Kim

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Wow, no help here but I have had some nasty nightmares myself and after looking back I found they were stress related. After the stress in my life worked out they never returned, Thank God!!! It does shake you up especially when it's something that is totally not in your nature to do. Sweet dreams, no more nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoper50

You'd be surprised how common it is to have a dream about something bad happening to a loved one - particularly children (which dogs are to many people). It is usually a reflection of anxiety in another area of your life.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

No dream expert here either but it would freak me out too. I hope they stop soon.