Tundra's been pooping in the house...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tundra's been pooping in the house...

Tundra Aries Guest

DefaultTundra's been pooping in the house...

I think it's being done because he's mad, not sure at what, but he's not happy, what am I supposed to do. I let him out and try not to let him in until he's done his #2 outside, but that doesn't seem to work. Need help

Tundra's 4 years old and he's never done this until 1 week ago, he's healthy and fine, it's almost like spite work. Maybe it's the new house?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Retriever Mama is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Tundra's been pooping in the house...

I was just going to suggest it might be the new house. Is he on a different schedule now?
    Melissa, Remy & Brooklyn

Tundra Aries Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Retriever Mama
    I was just going to suggest it might be the new house. Is he on a different schedule now?
    We haven't changed anything It wouldn't be that I'm going back to work would it?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

Did you change your routine? They get upset if you change their routine. Misha is like a mad housewife with me, if Iīm not back home by 9:30 PM she pees inside the house (even with the door open with full access to the fenced patio)

Isnīt it frustrating when you want them to go (potty) and they donīt do it, even when you know its their time? Homer is an expert in doing this to me, drives me nuts! :no:

Luckily Misha has been very good for the past months, but the first two weeks after she came back from the vetīs home (she was in heat and stayed with my friend for over three weeks to keep her away from Homer) she did it every single day... and they say they donīt do it on purpose... I try to believe they donīt, but then you realize they are way smarter than we think...

georgie is offline Senior Member

Maybe it's the new house & new routine. I hope he gets on a new schedule soon.

justine is offline Senior Member

Maybe.. I've always thought dogs were very adaptive but I know sometimes a big switch can screw them up for a while. Have you caught him in the act at all or has it always been done when you weren't there?

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

People say dogs aren't spiteful. I totally don't agree with that!! Remember my posts about Frankie peeing and pooping in the house shortly after he realized Macy wasn't leaving? He has since stopped, thank goodness.

Did he just start this? Because you've been in the house and back at work for weeks now, so I don't think it's that. Anything else changed? Anything at all?

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I would supervise him in the house at all times (using crate and/or tether attached to you) and reward him for going outside. It shouldn't take long for him to remember the "rules".

If it continues I'd get him to a vet for a full check up, however. Any major change in behaviour can always have a medical link.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

joflake is offline Senior Member

I think it might be the whole picture...new house and now you being gone. Like a kid wanting attention? I'd just watch him and go outside with him, when he poops, love him up to high heaven. He'll get the point.

Tundra Aries Guest

Okay, SU and I think we firgured it out, we have a dog pen we made and the other one in the Elmont house was much larger, you know how dogs don't like to make where they sit, well the dog pen in the other house they would poop and run to the otherside of it, here they can't do that because the guy (SU's friend/tentent that lives in the Elmont house came by and helped SU put it up) he insited we shouldn't make it big, and have them just run the yard once they do their poop in there, well I had a feeling it was too small for them, I've been trying to let him run the entire yard once he's made in the pen, but he doesn't want to, he's been making today and yesterday finally in the other part of the backyard where it's not closed off with the dog pen. I don't think he likes the size of the pen I'm thinking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast