Funny thing, anyone else?

Thread: Funny thing, anyone else?

DefaultFunny thing, anyone else?

So I've never had a light in my backyard before. I've always just seen the yellows out there. But with the addition of the darkie, I had a solar powered motion activated flood light hooked up in the back yard.

Now the dogs have created their own game.

While it used to be no one wanted to get their little paw paws dirty by going outside, now they play 'Who's gonna turn on the light'.

Its the funniest thing in the world. If I try to 'sneak' Rhys out to turn it on, Ruby charges out the door to get to the 'spot' where the light turns on. I wonder if they are trying to see if speed matters...

Even baby Gin who I don't think 'knows' whats going on charges outside after the big dumb oafs.

Anyone else's babies figure this kind of stuff out, or do I really just have the specials?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Funny thing, anyone else?

LOL that's too funny. You should try to get a video of it..! Nope, we can't relate.. haha.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

I don't have a light, but I know what you mean. It's easy to see the yellows, but I never know where Duke is. I go out with them when it's still dark and make a mental note where they go so I can pick it up when it gets light outside.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Samson is offline Senior Member

Sometimes something clicks in their head - like the lift has just reached the top floor ! In your case it was the light ! I'm still waiting for my two to have a top floor moment ! Jasper and Dylan are too intent on their stomachs at the moment !

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

I know exactly what you mean. Obviously, I have a darkie, specifically a chocolate who is real tough to see in the early mornings & evenings now. I have a solar, motion activated light outside. I swear she runs through it solely to see how many times she turn it on during any one trip out.

Most of the yard she just moseys around, clearly in no big hurry. Once she gets into the light's sensor field, its all out galloping.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

HK has the motion sensor to the front lights figured out. Not sure she has any diea why the lights go on, but she knows they do when she runs to a specific spot and she does.

Regarding darkies and lighties. Without snow cover, I can not see HK in the dark. Her dark chocolate fur against the grass or trees is not within my capability to see. With snow, she stands out like a light bulb. I have been known to say that Chocolates are best because they show the mud the least. Well, it makes them hard to see also.

My son's yellow Lab Newman can be seen in all backgrounds except when we are out in the tall dry prairie grasses. Its his color. If he doesn't move, I have no idea where he is.

I find that the Blackies are much easier for me to see at night than the Chocolates. More contrast to the background, but still not easy.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

joflake is offline Senior Member

I have a light like that but never hooked it up. I can always find Libby, but never Willy. We have to be very careful he doesn't get stepped on in the dark if he's lying down. Maybe we should hook up our light and watch the fun.

I have trouble seeing them regardless lol!!!!