Buck and I on our own...(a few photos added too)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buck and I on our own...(a few photos added too)

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

DefaultBuck and I on our own...(a few photos added too)

Hey all!

Just wanted to post an update on Buck since he and I decided to "grow up" and move out of my parents house Well we've been pretty busy trying to figure out the whole living thing without Buckeroo's grandma Its been fun though and we've been very busy. I have made some good friends here in MD and Buck has made some friends at daycare as well as outside of daycare

Now that I am going to say this I am sure Buck is going to do something BAD today.

He sure has grown up ALOT in the past year. He's a total couch potato at home and can actually be left out of his crate when I am not home. He no longer tries to eat shoes Every now and then he will grab one and gnaw on it but then just ends up laying on top of it and falling asleep. He has also decided that my bed is also HIS bed and often times after dinner decides to go to sleep in my room on MY bed even though I am up and doing things around the house. of course if he hears the fridge open or a wrapper he is there within seconds.

I was able to take him swimming alot this year and he even went camping! He was very well behaved on all his summer adventures this year.

He went through some tough times about 2-3 months ago. He got attacked by another dog who didnt like other dogs. The dog got out of the house and came running out and got him from behind when we were walking. Luckily my bf was there and the owner came out right away and the two got the other dog off of him. He never saw it coming. The other dog bit his ear which required a bunch of stitches. Luckily she didn't pierce the ear all the way through. She also caught the tip of his ear which took a while to heal. There was some talk of possible amputation of the tip of the ear but luckily we didnt have to go that route. Everything healed up well. Poor guy was in a cone for nearly 5 weeks. He was a little apprehensive about meeting new dogs after the incident. His daycare folks are great and helped us work through it all. He's back to being his goobery old self

Here's Buck after his ear was stitched up. He gave me that sad face and got his way on everything!

Here's a photo of Buck riding in the car...chilling out in the back.

Buck after a swim

Buck during one of his swims this summer

<3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Buck and I on our own...(a few photos added too)

Buck is a handsome boy. That's a shame about the attack on him. I'm glad he is all better. Great pictures.

He's looking good. Sorry about the attack. Nellie has been attacked twice by 2 different choco labs. I had to pull them off of her.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

awwwww what a cutie!!

Tundra Aries Guest

Awwwwwwww!

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

sorry to hear about the attack. I am glad he is recovered from the incident.

He sure has become one handsome fella. Very mature looking. Glad to see pics.

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

Thanks for all the compliments guys

Quote Originally Posted by nellies mom
    He's looking good. Sorry about the attack. Nellie has been attacked twice by 2 different choco labs. I had to pull them off of her.
    Its scary! I am glad it wasn't just him and I walking. I am not sure I could have pulled the other dog off on my own. It was fairly large and strong and definitely on a mission. I was very calm about it all till the vet brought Buck out after he got his stitches. I just burst into tears. Watching him wobble over to me and wagging his tail the best he could despite being all weak from the anesthesia...I cried my eyes out on and off till his cone came off. I felt so awful and responsible :'(. But he's all good now and I am all sorts of vigilant about keeping an eye out for dogs around the neighborhood.

<3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

Buck is very handsome.
    Sorry to hear about the dog attack. :scare:
    Kim

justine is offline Senior Member

Wow.. SO sorry to hear about his attack. Did the dog's owner help to pay for any of the stitches, etc? I bet that wasn't cheap!

He is definitely a very handsome boy and I am glad to hear he's doin better.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Buck you are one lucky guy having good people taking care of you.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast