Tell me how you do it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me how you do it?

Callaway is offline Senior Member

DefaultTell me how you do it?

Walking Bogey alone was fine, he would sometimes get tangled on things (me, trees), but walking two OMG!

While Im watching one the other somehow without my knowledge gets so tanlgled up on stuff I actually have to get down and figure it out! All the while getting kisses and licks, like "hey what are you doin here?"

If I ever had to walk these two in public I would probly be embarrassed. Im forever stepping over this leash, twirling around to get that one straight. I look like a complete idiot, I know I do!

Then there are the dogs who are completely oblivious to my attempts to just have a nice walk. Or are they? Sometimes I think they do it on purpose, LOL!

So are your walks like this too?

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Tell me how you do it?

When I walk two down town I use a coupler that keeps them side by side.

Very similar to this one.
    Kim

I walk mine everyday, 3 and never had a problem, but I have no pullers, so makes it easy.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

If two or more on lead was going to be the routine for me, it would be gentile leader, or prong collar, and short leashes until we all got used to each other. If each dog can be walked alone with ease, I wouldn't think it would take too long before they figure out the routine.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

justine is offline Senior Member

Well when I go home for the weekend and have to walk Abbey with my parents dog who is much bigger and stronger than Abbey, they both have to be on their choke collars.. Abbey doesn't pull with that on, but my parents' dog definitely does. I try to have one on each side of me and make them both heel. I'll let them go sniff for a few seconds then it's back to heel. Works okay for me!

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

I walk three at a time, all on Martingale collars and short leashes. The shorter the leash, the more control you have and less likely to tangle. If you walk one in each hand, keep them in the same place for every walk. Bruno goes on my left and M&J together on the right Mitzi on the outside. They get upset if their positions change.

Golfgirlrobin is offline Senior Member

I tried the coupler when I just had two. Not a success. All hell broke loose when they realized they couldn't get apart from each other.

Now I've got three. All on gentle leaders and they walk three across like little soldiers. Somebody should get a nobel prize for the gentle leader.

I'm composed of 85% kick-ass and 15% crippling self-doubt.

Kate is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogey 1
    Im forever stepping over this leash, twirling around to get that one straight. I look like a complete idiot, I know I do!

Then there are the dogs who are completely oblivious to my attempts to just have a nice walk. Or are they? Sometimes I think they do it on purpose, LOL!

So are your walks like this too?
    Fits me to a tee! I have one puller and one lagger (or most of the time).
    Aren't we comfortable!

Kaylasmom is offline Senior Member

We do pretty well most of the time. I have gone to Martingales with short leashes for the reasons mentioned earlier. Our biggest "opportunity for improvement" is when we meet another dog--Jake gets so excited that he pulls like a mad man. Then Kayla gets grumpy and snaps at him and we look like complete lunatics. Practice, practice, practice and ignore the embarrassment--that's what I'm trying to do.
    So, do you come here often?

Kate is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylasmom
    We do pretty well most of the time. I have gone to Martingales with short leashes for the reasons mentioned earlier. Our biggest "opportunity for improvement" is when we meet another dog--Jake gets so excited that he pulls like a mad man. Then Kayla gets grumpy and snaps at him and we look like complete lunatics. Practice, practice, practice and ignore the embarrassment--that's what I'm trying to do.
    Boy, I can relate to this one too! I'm now not feeling so alone
    Aren't we comfortable!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast