Loud Noises

Thread: Loud Noises

DefaultLoud Noises

Does anyone else's lab go crazy when hearing a loud noise?

I was changing the tune on my phone for unknown caller and its set to a high setting, when koko heard this we were outside and all of the sudden she starts acting crazy and starts attacking oscar, not play attacking, real attack and oscar jumped back and didn't know what was wrong with her. She has also done this when my husband opens the garage door and it makes kind of a loud noise.
    I just don't know why she does this. Oscar doesn't seem to be bothered by it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Loud Noises

DDs dog spends a lot of time here. Everytime the ice maker in the frog drops a set of cubes, he bounces off the walls and barks his head off.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

MumtoEllie is offline Senior Member

Nope, Ellie is more curious than anything else. Wants to check out the source of the loud noise.

But if the loud noise is a motorcycle or the UPS truck, forget it. Enter major barking frenzy...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bobbie can't stand loud noises or bangs since she was hit by a car a year ago. She is very nervous around any loud noise.

No barking, just cowers. Poor girl

We think she must do this because she associates the loud noise with the pain that she went through as she was fine before her accident.

Well koko has never had any kind of trauma so I don't know if maybe some dogs are just hypersensitive to loud noises. I was scared for oscar because she was really trying to tear into him and I had to get her away from him but it kinda scared me too. She normally is never aggressive with anyone or any dog, quite the opposite. I've never seen her behave in this way before.
    And then I noticed when we were on our walk yesterday that a louder kind of truck passed by us and she really flinched and tried to run. Maybe I need to take her to one of those behaviorist before this gets any worse.