Goofy things your Lab(s) does...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goofy things your Lab(s) does...

Beerfish is offline Senior Member

DefaultGoofy things your Lab(s) does...

I'm sure we all have long lists but a couple things Rocky does that I find goofy or amusing:

- If given peanut butter and he's doing the old lick, lick, lick bit he will start to lick one of his front legs. I can't figure out if he's trying to get some of the peanut butter off his tongue or if he's trying to save a snack for later.

- He gives fake/phoney sneezes before we go for his evening walk when he gets excited. I'll be sitting down putting on my shoes and he's wagging and making half woofs in happiness because it is walk time and he will sneeze a couple of times but I swear these are fake sneezes, it's almost as if he feels I'll hurry up if he sneezes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Goofy things your Lab(s) does...

Well, I've posted before about Flynn The Sneak. I don't know how he learned to tip-toe around like that but it cracks me up!

Seamus has taught himself how to do retrieves on his own. He lays on the floor, puts the tennisball between his front paws then pushes it away with his nose. He can send it about 5 or 6 feet! Sometimes I roll it back to him, sometimes he goes and gets it himself then starts all over again. Such a resourceful guy, my Sheamie!

Seamus and Flynn

PhoebeJeebies is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    I'm sure we all have long lists but a couple things Rocky does that I find goofy or amusing:

- If given peanut butter and he's doing the old lick, lick, lick bit he will start to lick one of his front legs. I can't figure out if he's trying to get some of the peanut butter off his tongue or if he's trying to save a snack for later.

- He gives fake/phoney sneezes before we go for his evening walk when he gets excited. I'll be sitting down putting on my shoes and he's wagging and making half woofs in happiness because it is walk time and he will sneeze a couple of times but I swear these are fake sneezes, it's almost as if he feels I'll hurry up if he sneezes.
    Phoebers does BOTH of those EXACT things! So Rocky can't be that weird! Actually, we get fake sneezes in the morning too, as if she'll get breakfast faster if she does them.
    Becca & Phoebe

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

It ted's feeling really bored and we are watching telly he snores very loudly watching you for a reaction all the time, the more you ignore the louder it gets!!

corona2006 is offline Member

Corona will go back and forth thru your legs when she is happy to see you.
    if she wants my boyfriend to go outside with her she will drag him by the arm to the door, but won't go out first. he starts to walk out and she will jump and push him out on the porch.

If Fender is annoyed that I've stopped playing fetch with him, he pushes the rope up the fence with his nose and then launches it in the air so he can go catch it. Over and over.
    Every now and then he'll just get up from a nap and go bring a sock from the laundry basket to me and thump thump thump me with his tail with his eyes half-squinted like he thinks he's hillarious.
    Sometimes he tries to make me pet him by "grabbing" at my hand with his paw and giving the ol' head tilt.
    Oh, another funny one: he's just learned "catch it" with treats, where I throw the treat at him and he's supposed to catch it (he just used to let it bounce off his face...and he still does if he doesn't know what the treat is). If he doesn't catch it, he just looks at me without going after the treat as if to say "oops, sorry about that, wanna try again?"
    He is the funniest, goofiest dog I've ever had and I love it. I swear he actually tries to make me laugh.

justine is offline Senior Member

Abbey does so many weird, goofy things on a daily basis that I can't even think of all of them..!

She'll be sitting next to me on the couch and decide she wants to play so she'll jump up, over to her pile of toys and pick through them all to find the one she wants. Then she'll toss it in the air, go find it, grab it in her mouth, throw it all over the place, then roll on it like it's a dead animal... Yeah, I don't know!

When she eats her breakfast and dinner, she has to take a few pieces of kibble in her mouth, drop it onto the carpet, then eat it from there. Repeat about 5 times until her food is all gone..

Oh man.. I'll think of more, I'm sure.

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tedsta
    It ted's feeling really bored and we are watching telly he snores very loudly watching you for a reaction all the time, the more you ignore the louder it gets!!
    Seriously?????? That is so funny!!!

Everything Mya does is funny. She is the most misfit Lab I have ever known. She (I am dead serious now) chirps like a bird in the morning.......just like a bird!

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Rush gets so excited when its time to eat she will look at you waiting for her release to eat and her mouth opens and closes just a tiny bit like she is anticipating your OK!

Boo, will bring you her squeaky ball and hit it a couple times with her nose kinda nudging it toward you. Or if you ask her what's wrong she throws a big pity party with whines and baby barks like she is saying ohhhh pooor meeeee. That is so funny, whenever someone hears it on the phone they about die laughing!!!

These dogs are the best entertainment hands down!!

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Same pnut butter leg licking going on here then the constant smacking afterward :whatever:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast