check it out....more pics

Thread: check it out....more pics

Snowflake is offline Senior Member

Defaultcheck it out....more pics

Thought some of y'all might want to check out Sally's latest blog entry. She posted a lot of good pics from our last events. Remember, it's written from Sally's point of view, and sometimes she has trouble with her big chocolate paws up on the keyboard.

blog entry

Enjoy....and feel free to leave any comments for Sally.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: check it out....more pics

I have a dock-diving related question that I've always meant to ask... does anyone ever fall in? Like, run to the end with their dog.. then.. oopsie! *kerplunk*!

I've wanted to try it, but I'm scared I would fall in and totally humiliate myself. :embarrass:

Great pictures!!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Snowflake is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: check it out....more pics

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317
    I have a dock-diving related question that I've always meant to ask... does anyone ever fall in? Like, run to the end with their dog.. then.. oopsie! *kerplunk*!

I've wanted to try it, but I'm scared I would fall in and totally humiliate myself. :embarrass:

Great pictures!!
    Well, you don't run to the end with your dog. You put your dog in a sit/stay at the far end of the dock and then walk down to the pool end. Then you release your dog...the dog runs down to you....you throw the object out over the water....and the dog jumps in.

But to answer your question, yes some people do occasionally fall in. What happens is this: You put your dog in a sit/stay, but the dog is so wound up and highly driven that he/she breaks the sit/stay or begins to creep up. Well, you can't have that and you only have 90 seconds to complete the jump.

So, after putting your dog in a sit/stay, while you are walking back to the pool end, you walk backwards facing your dog and keep saying, "stay....stay...stay...stay." And, yes, occasionally the handler is so focused on making the dog stay that they don't turn their head around often enough....they hit the end of the dock...and you're right....kerplunk!

I've never seen it happen, but it almost happened to me once. I was teetering right on the edge of the dock.