#5 just emailed me!! #5! #5!

Thread: #5 just emailed me!! #5! #5!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Default#5 just emailed me!! #5! #5!

See my other "prospect" post if you don't know who #5 is.

I thought I'd lost her, because I was very open with her on the phone about Belvedere's humping and jumping issues. But she emailed just now and wants to meet him as soon as he's feeling better.

I like #5. She is a first-timer, but wow, did she ever have some good answers to my questions. She is planning to take him to a great vet, knows all the cool boarding places and dog parks, and is planning to have someone come by her home the first few weeks and let her dog out at lunch to help him transition. Has a big fenced yard for fetch, and named several places she thought would be fun for walking her dog.

She almost knows too much for a first-timer! How does she know all this?? She must have a coach...

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: #5 just emailed me!! #5! #5!

Everyone has to start somewhere...all of us were once first timers. My first was a lab mix and you know the rest. I like the sounds of her and if she is putting forth this much effort, that is a good sign. I think it's great that she is willing to adopt a dog 1-2 years old instead of a puppy and sounds like she has done her research and waiting until she knew she was ready for a dog. I like her; but I did from the beginning!

Gene Guest

Told you, one or five

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by zoezoe
    Everyone has to start somewhere...all of us were once first timers. My first was a lab mix and you know the rest. I like the sounds of her and if she is putting forth this much effort, that is a good sign. I think it's great that she is willing to adopt a dog 1-2 years old instead of a puppy and sounds like she has done her research and waiting until she knew she was ready for a dog. I like her; but I did from the beginning!
    Agree.

She wanted an older dog because she works and said it would be difficult to work out multiple potty breaks during the day, as she knew a puppy would need.

I like her more and more. You're right, you have to start somewhere.

My mom also made the point that maybe a first time dog owner would be even better, because they have no preconceived notions, no real expectations, there was no other dog to "live up to."

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Is she planning on doing obedience. It might help her establish a bond faster.

She sounds a lot like I would have sounded when applying for dogs before Oakley.
    Oakley is a rescue but she was a puppy when I got her.
    I WISH I had a fenced yard.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Connie how did Belve do when your mom picked him up today? I think 5 was one of my picks also! I hadn't had a lab since I was a kid, and you know who did most the work then and it wasn't me LOL! I did a lot of breed research, educated myself and hoped I was prepared as possible before i got Sammi! I think each dog is different and each can come with there own challenges, prepared or not! I say if the home inspection goes well, she may be the one!

justine is offline Senior Member

Yay! I was secretly pushing for her...

Jade63 is offline Senior Member

I was a first time Lab owner at 61 yrs of age..I soon learned Labs are very different breed from any other ,,they are just like having another child!!! It was a bit overwhelming at first with all her energy,but now she is the best companion I could ever ask for..still jumps at the door a bit and on visitors when they first come in..but hey I am not perfect either..far from it ..I think no5 would be a good Lab mama..hope it works out