Update on Belvedere

Thread: Update on Belvedere

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultUpdate on Belvedere

Well, I went by last night to see my little rescue boy. Oh you guys...this dog is SO sweet. SO sweet. Bless his heart, he was a lot more laid back than the other day. I really think now there is just no telling how long he had been sitting in that pickup truck. :'( He was beside himself when he got out. Rightly so.

I now think he is MUCH younger than we thought. I was looking at his teeth last night, and I don't know, but he may just be barely over a year old. I don't think there's any way he is four, as the people who had him reported.

Anyway, Belv spent most of his time with the front part of his body in my lap, and he also likes folding his body in half and leaning against your leg. You know what I mean, right? He has the most gentle disposition with people. He is like a little lamb.

He does have a few manners issues, but nothing earth-shattering IMO. His biggest problem is jumping up, and he tends to be a little hump-y. But he is so submissive and sweet, both of these could be very easily discouraged I think.

I have a few leads on homes for him, but nothing definite yet. My favorite lead is through none other than Brenda, Jules' mom. She knows of someone who she thinks would be perfect...but she hasn't been able to get in touch with him yet.

Anyway, just thought you all might like an update. Keep pulling for this little guy - I think he's very deserving!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Update on Belvedere

Connie,

That is great news on Belvedere! Amazing what a little bit of love & affection will do for a pup.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that he finds a good loving home.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

That's great I hope one of the leads come through and Belvedere is in a good home soon.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I was looking for the thread. Glad you posted the update, sad he doesn't have a home yet.

Checked with my neighbors. They aren't prepared to take on another dog yet. When Natasha passes they will be looking for a new dog, but not before. Budget is tight and Natasha is stretching them as far as they can go right now.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the update Connie. Continued good thoughts on route.

Thanks for the update I have been thinking about this guy a lot and it breaks my heart. My girlfriends dad told me he wants a dog when he retires so I talked to him about it last night but he still has a couple of years before he is ready for a pup. I really hope this guy can find a home.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

I just really appreciate all you guys thinking of him and asking around on his behalf. Thank you!

I am going to make another post about my top prospects. Maybe you can help me pick his new home.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Sending good thought for Belvedere. I really hope he finds a good home.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

What a sweet boy! Thank you so much for helping him find his new home!!