HK earns extra treats!!!

Thread: HK earns extra treats!!!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultHK earns extra treats!!!

HK gets extra treats for being sooo good.

A woman has been walking a couple new dogs in the neighborhood this past week. A beautiful male Akita and a small Schnauzer type. Whenever she is coming close to our property and Hershey Kisses is out with me, she always turns away or freezes until we go back in. She is staying with one of the neighbors and Saturday I went over to meet the Akita. Nice dog, and really powerful.

So last night, DDs Cockapoo was over at the house and I took the two dogs out to the front yard. It was really dark, but they spotted the lady coming back toward the house where they are visiting and started the charge to say hello. I called HK and she stopped, but of course Louie kept approaching with his yappy anklebiter barking. The lady was holding on to the Akita with both hands. I told HK to sit and stay while I went after Louie who continued his behavior but in his chicken way never got within 20 feet of the Akita. Picked him up, and turned to check on HK. There she was, sitting right where I left her. When I got back to her with Louie in arms, I told her to heel and she came back into the house with us. Good girl! HK!!!!

Maybe 10 minutes later, the doorbell rings. The lady is at the door, sans dogs. She came over to thank me for calling HK back and getting Louie. She wanted to know where I took HK to train her like that, especially to stay while I went toward another dog. She is quite pregnant, turns out to be our daughtersí high school classmate visiting with her Mom. She is just afraid that she canít control the Akita as her pregnancy progresses and doesnít want to hurt herself, baby, or the dog. She thanked me for taking our dogs inside so she could get home, but really wanted to know how I got HK to be so good.

Turns out that Akita is 18 months old, never to any kind of puppy or obedience training. So I told her about the value of introductory classes to teach her how to train, Gentle Leaders, etc. and then the intensity and consistency needed. Suggested she start right away, before baby arrives. She thought it was a great idea, and she would tell HUBBY WHAT HE WAS GOING TO DO TODAY!!!!! Havenít met Hubby yet, but I donít think he is going to like me.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: HK earns extra treats!!!

Good girl HK, and I bet your right about her Hubby!!

joflake is offline Senior Member

Good girl HK! I knew you could do it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

WTG HK!!!!

My pretty girl, Lexi!

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

Thats excellent Ed and with such a distraction WD HK!

Tundra Aries Guest

Good girl HK!

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Way to go HK! Don't ya love it when everything comes together?

wiscpayton is offline Senior Member

Great story Ed. Good girl HK. <pat, pat> I can empathize with the lady's situation. My DD has a GR that is the size of a small pony, and DD is 5 months pregnant. I got Scout a gentle leader and voila- no more pulling. I did not want her to get fall on the ice either! Of course, Scout could use more training. Good example, HK.

Samson is offline Senior Member

Like my two would do that ! Good girl HK

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Nice job HK!
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg