Oh, dear. What have I gotten myself into?

Thread: Oh, dear. What have I gotten myself into?

ceasersmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultOh, dear. What have I gotten myself into?

The boys are getting along great, but they will settle down eventually, won't they ? I know it will take a while for them to really settle in together, I don't expect it to happen after just a few days.

I love that they play so well, but the marathon bitey-face sessions in the den are kinda dangerous! Any tips on getting them to play together outside? Once I put them out Ceaser just stands at the door. In his mind the back yard is nothing but a place to potty. They play from the minute I let Gus out of his crate till bedtime. Ceaser sleeps good though!

Gus adopted 11/2008
    Ceaser adopted 4/2008
    Heidi adopted 4/2006

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Oh, dear. What have I gotten myself into?

Once they start extreme bitey face outside, they will be too tired for indoor bitey face. It usually starts when one has a toy, a ball or plastic bottle, the other gives chase, the toy is dropped, but the wild chase continues, the chaser catches up and the chasee rolls full speed, bitey bitey,bitey, one takes off again full speed chased by the other and the sequence is repeated over and over again. (Stay out of their way.) When they come in they drop and nap until it's time to go out again.

Garth is offline Registered Users

DefaultRe: Oh, dear. What have I gotten myself into?

Quote Originally Posted by mitziandjudysmom
    Once they start extreme bitey face outside, they will be too tired for indoor bitey face. It usually starts when one has a toy, a ball or plastic bottle, the other gives chase, the toy is dropped, but the wild chase continues, the chaser catches up and the chasee rolls full speed, bitey bitey,bitey, one takes off again full speed chased by the other and the sequence is repeated over and over again. (Stay out of their way.) When they come in they drop and nap until it's time to go out again.
    This is what happens with my clowns. If you take a ball outside, you can almost guarantee one will chase after the other.

Some examples:

Just throw the damned ball will you?

And they're off ............

Lets do that again.

BTW, this is the GSD I adopted after Jo died. This game started within about 1/2 an hour after coming into her new home & they've never looked back.