Just Labradors banner

You've got to pick your battles....

897 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Dynamicdogs 
#1 ·
So...could Remy possibly (dare I even type this...??) be calming down just a little bit? I've been surprised over the past few nights that he has been kinda snoozy...even cuddly around 8:30-ish. Maybe he's not sleeping all day in his crate? Last night he totally fell asleep on me on the couch while we were watching tv last night. I loved it!

Until this morning when he woke up a half hour earlier than usual. :no: Can't win. :tired:

#2 ·
How old is Remy? HK is 22 month and has definitely calmed down in the last few months. She has even crawled up on the couch and laid that pretty face on my lap instead of barking to play fetch in the house.

#6 ·
Milly has mellowed heaps in the energy department in the last 4-6 weeks.. but I think most of her's is due to her experiencing her first summer!

I hope you're right about Mister Remy!! My fingers are crossed for you :D

#7 ·
Retriever Mama said:
Endofile said:
How old is Remy? HK is 22 month and has definitely calmed down in the last few months. She has even crawled up on the couch and laid that pretty face on my lap instead of barking to play fetch in the house.
He'll be a year on Dec. 2.
Retriever Mama! I am so surprised. If you are who I think you are, you know your dogs! Remy just went through the terror stages of a human 2-3 year old, and has lulled you into hopefullness. The teenage rebellion is just around the corner. Don't let your guard down. At least that is the experience that we are having with HK.

#8 ·
Endofile said:
Retriever Mama said:
Endofile said:
Retriever Mama! I am so surprised. If you are who I think you are, you know your dogs! Remy just went through the terror stages of a human 2-3 year old, and has lulled you into hopefullness. The teenage rebellion is just around the corner. Don't let your guard down. At least that is the experience that we are having with HK.
I know...I know...I'm crazy right? I think part of it is my golden calmed down so much right around this age....silly me. Sigh...

But...if this is any indication of the big-boy dog Remy is to become...I am very pleased. He may be a crazy puppy...but he is going to be an AWESOME dog.

#9 ·
Retriever Mama said:
Endofile said:
Retriever Mama said:
Endofile said:
I know...I know...I'm crazy right? I think part of it is my golden calmed down so much right around this age....silly me. Sigh...

But...if this is any indication of the big-boy dog Remy is to become...I am very pleased. He may be a crazy puppy...but he is going to be an AWESOME dog.
That made me smile. It's so neat seeing their personalities settle in, isn't it?

#12 ·
Well, I can say that Diesel does not consider settling down yet (he turned one earlier this month). He is still a wild puppy and does need less and less sleep. This morning he wanted to get up at 4:15 (usually we get up at 5:45). Crazy little boy.
Don't be too optimistic yet, but good luck!

#14 ·
My boy is 16 months and still abundle of energy!, but I know labs that are 11 and still bundles of energy! part of the reason I got a lab is i didn't want a boring dog, but of course it is nice to have him settle in the house and sleep through the night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.