The big day has come!

Thread: The big day has come!

DefaultThe big day has come!

So we just dropped off our little friend at the vets for his neutering...so excited to go in and say hi to everyone..so happy to go off with the vet...mom and dad so anxious for the end of the day :'(.... So here is my guestion. Will he be tired this evening and will he still be his goofy self or will he have a change in his little attitude?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The big day has come!

Baloo was tired and woozy the night of, probably just from the anesthetic wearing off. We had to watch him around stairs and such because his balance was a little off. The next day, though he acted like nothing had happened. :whatever:
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Good luck today. He'll probably be subdued tonight from both the aftereffects of the anesthesia and the pain of surgery.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

chuckbearob is offline Member

Robbie just had his done on Friday. He had been depressed until Sunday, started perking up yesterday and today i was he stole one of our slipper and was running around the car park with it, asking us to chase him (his same old self)!!!!

Best of luck

Vivian - mum to Chuckle, Bevan & Robbie

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Bauer had it done a couple weeks ago, and was tired and groggy the evening we brought him home. He was tired and didn't eat or drink the next day, just slumped around like he was in pain. They didn't give him any pain meds until we took him in the next afternoon. He perked up after the pain meds and some canned food, and was back to himself by the next morning. I would ask the vet to give you some pain medication if they don't give you any, and maybe get a can or 2 of food just in case. I think typically they are back to themselves within 48 hours. It is scary, but he will be fine.

Funny story . . . we dropped Bauer off at 8:00am. I called at 11:30am to see how he was, and the receptionist said, "He is in surgery now. You can check back at about 1:30pm to see how he is." Then she said, "And could you let your husband know too, he left a message a few minutes ago."
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Thanks everyone....well the vet just called and everything is great. They said he has been out and sniffed around was a little confused when he frist came to but now he is given everyone kisses and hanging out till mom and I get there to pick him up...oh boy I bet he'll be really happy to see us....

Samson is offline Senior Member

Bless his cotton socks ! He won't miss them at all !

Hope he's back to himself really quickly !

Here is a good question.....so he has a little fav fast food item the wife and I were thinking about getting him...chicken nuggets. Do you all think its to early for that? should we wait to spoil him tommorrow?