Car Harness

Thread: Car Harness

mombear is offline Senior Member

DefaultCar Harness

Can anyone give me a recommendation on a good car harness for Parker. He now weighs 68 pounds. I think he would like to ride in the car more, unfortunately, he tries to drive which is a big no-no as you can imagine. Thanks in advance, and everyone have a great week.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Car Harness

Wish I had a picture. I was not able to find anything that I thought would work well and Petsmart or Petco. I found one at a small independent shp here. It is made of seat belt fabric, a simple harness with a clip at the back. A separate strap that clips on and then into the seat belt latch receiver. The length of the strap can be adjusted to give the amount of freedom you desire.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

justine is offline Senior Member

I've got one of those felt-padded harnesses but I wouldn't really recommend it because it a) doesn't really attach to the seat belt well and b) is very uncomfortable for Abbey.

I'll be watching to see what everyone else says.. Lately I've just been sticking her in the backseat with a cover on the seat...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Callaway is offline Senior Member

I just use a regular harness, and I found a seat belt attachment for the car. Works great.

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

Peggy, I use one of these for Henery: http://www.champk-9.com/CH.htm which attaches to the car via one of these kwic-connect tethers http://www.immioutdoors.com/petbuckl...ts_harness.htm. It attaches to the LATCH bar that you would attach a child's car seat to, so VERY solid.

Henry has had the same harness since he too big to ride in a crate, and it has lasted all these years.

Tundra Aries Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bogey 1
    I just use a regular harness, and I found a seat belt attachment for the car. Works great.
    ditto.