stuffed toys

Thread: stuffed toys

Defaultstuffed toys

Stuffed animals are Leonidas' favorite toy . But the boy can decapitate, fillet, disembowel and skin one in about a day. Any economic options for cheap ones that are safe for dogs or sturdier ones that might last more than a day?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: stuffed toys

For cheap toys check out yard sales and thrift stores. As for durable, I've heard the ones made from firehose are supposed to last.

Pick them up at Charity shops or car boot sales. Bargain!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MicksMom
    For cheap toys check out yard sales and thrift stores. As for durable, I've heard the ones made from firehose are supposed to last.
    Not with my Buddy. He LOVES chewing on that material! His eyes roll back in his head with pleasure as he gnaws away and I swear i can hear him sigh in ecstasy.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Find cheap ones at garage sales. Don't concern yourself with what they look like, I don't believe the dogs care. I have also gotten bretty good at sewing the holes back up. Not pretty, but does the job. HK doesn't care, she just wants her stuffy thingy back to chew on, tug on, tear apart again.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

fburke is offline Senior Member

Willow has a passion for stuffed toys...usually we don’t give them to her because we have a 4 year old and e try to separate her toys for his...unfortunately when it comes to teddy bears or any other stuffed animal she will go to great lengths to grab it and run off with it usually starting a god game of chase.

It’s going to be interesting soon in my house; my wife is due with our daughter next months so for a while I am sure there will be all kinds of stuffed toys around....

justine is offline Senior Member

Thankfully Abbey has pretty much grown out of the "lets rip his arm off and eat his insides" stage of destroyed stuffed animals. I tried almost all of them.. even the $15 ones that claim to be "indestructible" but we all know how that one turned out..! For a while I had to stop buying them because I would constantly have to clean up the white stuffing every few minutes from her and I just chose to get those rubber/plastic toys that squeak. They hold up a LOT better and Abbey isn't interested in their insides..!

For the time being though, if Leonidas has to have a stuffy, I say go get a few cheap ones from the dollar store/thrift store.