The sneaky *tip-toe* lab
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The sneaky *tip-toe* lab

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe sneaky *tip-toe* lab

Flynn is a sneaky *tip-toe* guy. Honest to gawd... he does this walk that is really really really sneaky quiet, with his head dunked down just a tad (with eyes raised in that "down-under look) and only his paw pads touching the floor.

*sneak... sneak sneak... sneaksneaksneak...*

Until you give him a big old cuddle, whereupon he laughs in your face, throws himself onto his back and rolls around tossing huge amounts of happiness into the air.

It's quite comical.

Any of your labs do this thing?

8)

Seamus and Flynn

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The sneaky *tip-toe* lab

Awww how cute!!! :-*
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Joey is offline Senior Member

Yes, Cooper does that!!! He does it going through the kitchen towards the back door to check for squirrels, I guess he thinks they won't hear him and he can surprise attack them! Too bad the squeaking of the door opening gives them the heads up. Poor Cooper.

It took me a while to figure out what he was doing, at first I thought he had hurt himself or he was sick or something, now I know he's just trying to be sneaky :suspious:

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

The boys will do that to each other when they are getting ready to launch an attack of butt-tucking. It always happens after they have both pooped, as well as other times. The last one coming in from potty will stop in the living room by the door after I remove the collar, head lowered, watching the other one who is in the dining area, frozen in place, staring back. They will stare at each other for a moment or two, then the one in the living room will tippy-toe towards the other, and it's off to the races! I've always called it their stalking-cat move, because it reminds me of a jungle cat. The head is below shoulder-level and you can see the shoulder muscles move as they tiptoe.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

LOL Nance, i love your description of Flynnie. I think that would be something only a few labs could master. Buck nope, he could never master tip toe, soft teeth yes but tip toe no. LOL i'd love to see it.

My Cooper can do the tip-toe thing - scares the hell out of me! One minute he's snoozing on his bed, next thing I know he's beside me. I swear he can retract his nails so they don't click on the tile floor!

Bev.

LOL - Diesel does the same thing! Sometimes he is sitting on the deck watching the squirrels that are too far away to actually catch up to - and he is like a statue. Not moving a muscle hoping that they will carelessly wander closer to the deck. And - if I walk over and tap on the glass to get his attention - he turns his head e-v-e-r s-o s-l-o-w-l-y..........a tiny bit at a time so they don't notice quick movement - and then he turns his head back towards them in slo-motion again. It is hilarious! He is oh so serious while doing this.

He also walks on his tip toes to me when he thinks it is crate time - legs moving at about 1/4 their normal speed. I never had another dog behave this way.

hark67 is offline Senior Member

I have one of those sneaky labbys too! He is so pleased with himself when he finally reaches the target of his sneaking.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Tal and Barney sneak up on me when I am making their food! lol Plus, the house is carpeted so I can't hear them anyway!

Cinder sneaks! When she was a puppy I wanted her to stay on the first floor, she was a bad bad girl upstairs. I bought a motion detector for the stairs that would emit a high pitched sound if you walked past it or made a noise near it. The boys learned you could walk veeeery slloooowwwlllly to get past it. Guess what Cinder learned? I walked into the foyer to see her tip toeing up the stairs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast