Oh no not again!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh no not again!

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

DefaultOh no not again!

My DH has just taken Alfie to the park for a run around, got him out the car, he was on a lead. Another dog comes over and attacks him!

Thankfully Alfie is ok but i dont know if he will be phycologically, I have only just got him out of a lead aggression and no fear im gonna have to do it again.

Im sick of this you cant take you dog anywhere anymore :no:

If it was me id have probably dropped the lead so alfie could get away, also the other dog may have not have bothered

I dunno :'(

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Oh no not again!

Sorry Karen.... that really sucks.

Hen was attacked while on lead twice when he was younger. Each time he was minding his own business (we were just walking down the sidewalk) when, the first time, a dog on a Flexi behind us got him, and the second time, a dog got out of a house and pinned him by the throat.

I know how you're feeling... we've had to work very hard to help him get over his leash issues, and he is still skittery if there's anybody or anydog walking behind him.

Hope Alfie is going to be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom
    Sorry Karen.... that really sucks.

Hen was attacked while on lead twice when he was younger. Each time he was minding his own business (we were just walking down the sidewalk) when, the first time, a dog on a Flexi behind us got him, and the second time, a dog got out of a house and pinned him by the throat.

I know how you're feeling... we've had to work very hard to help him get over his leash issues, and he is still skittery if there's anybody or anydog walking behind him.

Hope Alfie is going to be okay.
    Its awful how a perfectly happy, well balanced dog can be damaged by one incident

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Emma has had two dogs come out after her while on a walk...both times I managed to scoop her up in my arms....both times the owners were apologetic saying their dogs 'have never done that before' (GRRRRR) - and both times the other dogs were off leash. UG!!!!!!

:no:

Beerfish is offline Senior Member

One of my fav activities for myself and Rocky over the years (he's approaching 9 years old) was to take him to the various off leash parks in my city where he could run unleased and we both could go for a good long walk. After about the 5th incident of being attacked or mega humped with the other dogs owners either 500 yards away or just plain stupidly watching we have ceased to go which is a real pity. It's just leashed walks in the city now.

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    One of my fav activities for myself and Rocky over the years (he's approaching 9 years old) was to take him to the various off leash parks in my city where he could run unleased and we both could go for a good long walk. After about the 5th incident of being attacked or mega humped with the other dogs owners either 500 yards away or just plain stupidly watching we have ceased to go which is a real pity. It's just leashed walks in the city now.
    Its just such a shame i cant take him on fields at the back of our house anymore as 2 dogs get out of their yard alot and attack an dog they see, and now the park is getting the same :no:

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Its just such a shame i cant take him on fields at the back of our house anymore as 2 dogs get out of their yard ailot and attack an dog they see, and now the park is getting the same
    Have you reported them? you know where they live. People should not be allowed to get away with this kind of thing.

I don't like walking in public parks for this reason. Too many idiots, unless you are there really early in the morning.

I hope the incident doesn't effect Alfie negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    Its just such a shame i cant take him on fields at the back of our house anymore as 2 dogs get out of their yard ailot and attack an dog they see, and now the park is getting the same
    Have you reported them? you know where they live. People should not be allowed to get away with this kind of thing.

I don't like walking in public parks for this reason. Too many idiots, unless you are there really early in the morning.

I hope the incident doesn't effect Alfie negatively.

I dont know where they live rosie or who did it as it was DH who took him

justine is offline Senior Member

Aw poor Alfie! Lots of extra hugs and kisses for you.. :-* :-*

I've taken Abbey to a few public dog parks around here and this kind of stuff has happened there, too.. I just think people go to the dog park to let their dogs off leash and let them go, without really thinking about what will happen. Obviously some of these people are real IDIOTS and they take their dog there without even having it trained and then what do you know, their dog attacks another dog. *shakes head* Some people...!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast