Ear Infection signs?

Thread: Ear Infection signs?

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

DefaultEar Infection signs?

Alfie seems to be shaking his head lately but only when he is excited Ive looked in his ears, they arent red could just use a bit of a clean.

Any other signs that could be an ear infection?

I will ring vet in the morning for an appointment.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Samson is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ear Infection signs?

Jasper is very prone to ear infections !

Shaking his head is the first indication and scratching follows !

I would get some cleaning fluid - I use Sancerum which is the usual supplied by the vets - don't know how it works but it is made up out of salycylic acid and lactic acid which I guess cut through the grease that the bacteria feed on ??

I used to use cotton balls but this was distressing him and I couldn't reach the parts that needed it so now I just squirt some of the solution into his ears and he shakes out the excess immediately !

I would make sure that you get the Canaural drops which are very effective if his ears need treating ! Reason that I say that is that I have previously been given Surolan which is as much use as an ashtray on a motor bike.

Ask the vet if you can have two pots of the Canaural as you will then have a reserve supply and save on a future consultation.

I got to know when Jasper's ears were playing up and while I was happy to pay for a once a year consultation I object to paying four times a year for what is a chronic ailment with Jasper!

My five penn'orth from my experiences !

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ear Infection signs?

Quote Originally Posted by samson
    Jasper is very prone to ear infections !

Shaking his head is the first indication and scratching follows !

I would get some cleaning fluid - I use Sancerum which is the usual supplied by the vets - don't know how it works but it is made up out of salycylic acid and lactic acid which I guess cut through the grease that the bacteria feed on ??

I used to use cotton balls but this was distressing him and I couldn't reach the parts that needed it so now I just squirt some of the solution into his ears and he shakes out the excess immediately !

I would make sure that you get the Canaural drops which are very effective if his ears need treating ! Reason that I say that is that I have previously been given Surolan which is as much use as an ashtray on a motor bike.

Ask the vet if you can have two pots of the Canaural as you will then have a reserve supply and save on a future consultation.

I got to know when Jasper's ears were playing up and while I was happy to pay for a once a year consultation I object to paying four times a year for what is a chronic ailment with Jasper!

My five penn'orth from my experiences !
    Thanks Colin, its good to know the name of a good medicine so he doesnt try to fob me other with anything else