A lab's signature tail wag
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A lab's signature tail wag

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultA lab's signature tail wag

Doesn't every lab have their own exuberant tail wag?

Paddy could never just wag his tail... his whole body went with it. "If my tail is into it, so is my heart."
    Seamus has this quietly happy little tip of his tail wag... it always tickles me to see it go *tip tip tip*
    Flynn, when he's really happy, sends his tail around and around in circles! Like an airplane prop.

You guys?

Seamus and Flynn

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A lab's signature tail wag

Molly & Abby shake their butts when they are wagging their tails excitedly.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Rush's tail swishes back and forth and Boo kind of wags her whole butt.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paula is offline Senior Member

Lily has a slow wag.
    The others.....
    Lazy wags her whole butt! Pepper dances around while he wags his tail. Harley kind of jumps around while he wags his nub. Lucy has a pretty swooshey kind of wag.

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Theo has two wags:

(1) "ZOMG I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU!!!" This one is so hard that the tip whacks his sides and pulls his butt from side to side. Usually accompanied by a big, dopey grin, play bows, and sometimes even THE PAW (scraping his paw on the ground).

(2) "Oh, hi": This one is when he's tired and you come in the room. He looks up and the lower half of the tail goes *thump* *thump* *thump* quietly on the floor.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

That tail wag describes the whole personality. Mitzi has the full body wag, but Judy's wag is more reserved. Duke, who came with a bobbed tail, can wag it so fast withought all the extra length, about 10 times as fast as a lab wag - so cute.
    When you described Flynn's propeller wag, it reminded me of Buttons, the dachshund we had as children. She swam with that tail going around like a propeller in the water. Whenever we came home on the school bus, she greeted us with that propeller wag then rolled over on her back in excitement and peed up in the air like a fountain of joy.

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mitziandjudysmom
    Whenever we came home on the school bus, she greeted us with that propeller wag then rolled over on her back in excitement and peed up in the air like a fountain of joy.

What an image! Now don't you wish you grew up in the YouTube era, so you could post that here for us?

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Shadow's tail was almost always wagging. If I so much as looked at her, it wagged. When she was really happy, it was the propeller, round and round. When she was excited, like when I came home from work, it was full-body wag with the back end going 90 miles an hour and the tail whipping to the ribs on each side. But when Bill came home after being gone for a couple of weeks, she went into overdrive! We always laughed and said she was going to turn herself inside out one day, she was so happy to see him. She just wriggled and squirmed and rolled and couldn't even keep still long enough for him to pet her.

Buddy is not a big tail wagger, he is more into the 'Labby bounce' when excited or happy to see me. The front end comes up repeatedly, paws touching the floor just long enough to launch it up again. The tail is wagging, but the front half is definitely more excited than the back half.

Champ wags fast and hard, side-to-side when excited or very happy, and the whole body sort of waggles with it. Not as exuberant as Shadow was, thank God, or I'd have broken legs and we'd be replacing furniture weekly! He is more of a slow waver when I talk to him.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Buddy wags his whole body. I love it.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

sarah is offline Senior Member

Milly has a few wags to suit her moods.

She is similar to Theo because she has her tired thump thump and she has the whole body "OMG YOU'RE HERE HELLO!!" wag, everyone who meets her says that her wag starts at the start of her spine because her whole body moves in time with her tail... and she jumps around, butt tucks, play bows, spins in circles, and this wag is usually always accompanied by a toy in her mouth.

Then she has the "HOPEFUL FOR FOOD" tail wag, you're eating and she stares at you, then you look at her and the end of her tail starts to move... not too excited just a little hopeful that she might get a bit of broccoli or cheese or something else yummy and not in her regular diet.

She also has the butt-shaker wag where it's not the whole spine but just her cute lil' butt and that's usually during playtime or after the 10 minutes of initial whole body wagging because she's very happy you're there but she's settled down somewhat.
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast