Spent the morning at the Bark-In-The-Park in Lancaster, CA with our pups.

Thread: Spent the morning at the Bark-In-The-Park in Lancaster, CA with our pups.

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultSpent the morning at the Bark-In-The-Park in Lancaster, CA with our pups.

We spent a tiny amount of time at the High Desert Lab Retriever Club information booth with 2 of the coolest guys I know, but the majority of it was spent with our 2 dogs at the Splash Dogs Fun Day (John, my SU, handled Libby the Daddy's Girl and I handled Monty, the Mama's Boy, LOL). They did great, and had sooooo much fun!!!

We could seriously get hooked on the SplashDogs stuff, too...how much fun is that?!? The dogs had a blast and we humans ALMOST got as wet as they did, LOL.

Just a few photos...
    Monty and I-

John and Libby in line for a jump-

Leapin' Libby:

Monty having a try:

It would have helped had we been able to throw. LOL

I also decided spur-of-the-moment to try getting Monty's CGC since we haven't ever tried, nor trained for it. He breezed through everything with flying colors EXCEPT the final station- staying politely with a stranger for 3 minutes. True to his clownish nature, he was fine until the last minute when he first proceeded to climb into the stranger's lap and THEN, decided to grab his leather lead in his mouth and try to play tug-of-war with the stranger. (sigh) Anyhow, playing tug-of-war and being a lapdog when you are a big lab boy is NOT polite, LOL. Soooo...he failed. My husband and I were absolutely cracking up from behind trees, though. I warned the guy that this dog has a tendency to be a complete clown. At least he didn't let me down!

So, I suppose next time we'll actually train/practice for it, and we'll try to tone down the antics for that station especially when breezing through the rest of them. One of the "cool guys" at the HDLRC booth reminded me when I came back with the report that this is the dog who once, with his teeth (and a much needed sense of humor) pulled my elastic-waist-band long skirt down to my ankles outside of the ring as a puppy. What next?

Now, we're waiting for the weather (it's raining here- yippee!!!) to clear a bit before deciding on whether or not to attend our WSU-UCLA football game tonight. LOL

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Callaway is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Spent the morning at the Bark-In-The-Park in Lancaster, CA with our pups.

Wow, looks like alot of fun! LOL at the CGC, Bogey did the exact same thing :embarrass: Silly boys!

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Spent the morning at the Bark-In-The-Park in Lancaster, CA with our pups.

Great photos. Looks like it was a fun day.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bibber is offline Senior Member

I didn't realize that was this weekend. We went about 2 years ago and had a blast. Sam did the dock jump and loved it! We could have driven up and met you!

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

Looks like it was fun, Julie!!

Love the pics of Libby and Monty jumping!! Wheeee!!!
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

Tundra Aries Guest

Great pictures, definitely looks like fun!!

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Awesome action jumping shots ! Love those ones, it sounds (and looks )like a fantastic day out with the dogs. Monty's antics made me laugh !
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.