Just Labradors banner

Tal is HW Positive

2K views 47 replies 46 participants last post by  Emma the Lab 
#1 ·
Dr just called and she said his tests came back +. I am still in shock. She has already contacted Merial and faxed them the information they have requested to date.

Apparently the course of treatment is to continue with the HW for a month or two, then give them the treatments. Treatment protocols nowadays say that the new procedures are most effective when the worms are actually inside the heart. I am going to up the dose on his Heartguard.

I am not sure how I feel about not immediately starting treatment. I am kind of gald I am at work so I can collect myself before seeing the boys because I don't want them to detect anything is wrong.

Sorry about the rambling. I still have 2 classes to teach today and am trying to get my act together. I'm sure I left something out. Please continue to say a prayer for my boy.

#2 ·
Wow - I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know much about HW treatment, but it sounds like they caught it early. That's got to be a good thing.

Were you current with Tal's preventative? I'm noticing a lot more mosquitos lately. Even though Snicks is up-to-date on her preventative, I still worry.

Get better, Tal!

#12 ·
Oh man I was hoping for that false positive.

thoughts and prayers for you and Tai... I am sure treatment will go just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.