Labradork: The effect of rain
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labradork: The effect of rain

Lab Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultLabradork: The effect of rain

It has been raining since Monday morning, occasionally hard, but pretty much precipitating continually.

Jack went out reluctantly last night, hugging the wall under the overhang and bounding back ASAP. This morning he refused to leave the bedroom as long as I was in bed. When I tried to let him out doors he stood in the doorway for a moment nose high then gave me a look that indicated he would be pressing Animal Cruelty charges the moment it stopped raining. This from a dog that loves to swim. What is it about rain?

I tried a second time and he came out onto the porch sniffed the air, huffed and started back into the house. I went out to get the paper. He sat on the covered porch watching in shock and horror as I trod through the rain to get the paper off the driveway. I think he shuddered when he remembered I had been trying to teach him to get him to fetch the paper. There but for the grace of God go I. I can probably forget about that trick. He gave me quite a look when I came back in more than slightly damp.

I fought the urge to shake next to him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

HK is the same. I think when they run into the water, they are in control. When its falling out of the sky, they are victims.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Bauer doesn't like rain either. I have to put his leash on and drag him out in the yard to go potty. I don't know what it is, but: Lake Water = Good and Rain Water = Bad!
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Clancey is the same.

bacsibob is offline Senior Member

We've had a real long dry spell which has worked out great because we've been socializing Max to our family since July 1. We've had a few sprinkles but nothing to keep the dogs from "playing" with Dad.

Pretty soggy out there now and they don't have a problem with the rain; I do!! It's become rapidly apparent that the twice daily play times are mandatory regardless of the weather. Bitey face on the bed before I get up and butt tucking down the hall are not gonna cut it

Last winter Abby would let me slide on the really bad days. Now, with two of them, I suspect I'll be out there rain, sleet, snow, ice, wind or whatever. How do labs do with treadmills??

Labs: The Natural Antidepressant

amazongold is offline Senior Member

The boys don't like rain, either. Champ, who loves to swim, does not like getting rained on. Buddy doens't swim and he sure doesn't ike rain!

I agree with Ed, "when they run into the water, they are in control. When its falling out of the sky, they are victims."
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

Chamois doesn't like rain, either (nor does she like the hose). But she loves to swim.

Toby loves water in all its forms - in a lake, in the ocean, in a pool, in the bathtub, in a puddle, mixed with dirt, coming out of the hose, falling out of the sky, falling out of the showerhead...

patm is offline Senior Member

Mine don't mind. I take them out in all kinds of weather. When they were little I would stand right in side the garage during a storm and let them watch and I would go on about how cool was that, etc.

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Buddy's the same way. He figures if he's going out, then I coming out to.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

snicksmom is offline Senior Member

Add Snicks to the "I hate rain" club. She looks like she's being tortured when she's forced to go out into the rain!
    Sue & Snicks in New Hampshire

"I got the ball Mom....!!!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast