Just Labradors banner

water and Labs

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Labradorable 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have this confusion about the exposure of water to a lab's skin and coat.
My 4 1/2 month Rambo leaves no chance to sneak in to the shower and sleep on the wet floor.
Could this cause skin rashes? Am confused because Labs are essentially water dogs... so are they prone to rashes with this kind of water exposure?

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
Just what I would expect from a lab :D The only concern I would have is any chemicals in the water if it is treated before distribution. My dogs swim in a farm pond twice a day without any problems (except the kitchen floor).

Please tell us about dogs as pets in India. It's something I have never seen or heard of before. As you probably know, dogs are very prevelant...er..prevalent..er...popular here in the U.S.

#11 ·
Hi bacsibob!

In India dogs as pet have been prevalent for ages now. My granny tells me that they had a dog named Tiger. He was loved so much by everyone that no festival or celebration was complete without giving him a present or a treat. And this is almost 40 years back am talking about.

I guess there are two things different about dogs in India though - We have lots of stray dogs around so people adopt them as pets more often.
But that doesn't mean we don't have the known breeds here... the common breeds as pet in India are Labs, German Shepherds, Domerman, Boxer, Pomeranian, Dalmatians, Great Danes, Pugs and rottweilers too.

Though here in India, the concept of a dog being your companion has not seeped in yet... the new generations are realising it now but the old school thinking says that a dog is supposed to be a watch dog, never inside house, always on the gate, never on bed or couch etc... Me and my wife sneak in Rambo into our room when our folks are not seeing and make him sleep with us.. ha ha ha... can't resist that soft coat and angel eyes!

Lemme know if you want more info about India :)

#17 ·
Thank you Sarah!

Actrually, our very first black lab (when I was a little kid) was named Rambo by my uncle who was big fan of Rambo movie series. This time when we again got a black lab all the nostalgia and memories came back and we all thought we should name this angel Rambo too :)

#20 ·
India -- COOL! I thought it was a typo for Indiana....

Another hearty welcome from Pennsylvania.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.