I need advice please!!

Thread: I need advice please!!

ugadawg1696 is offline Member

DefaultI need advice please!!

My yellow lab was spayed yesterday morning, I picked her up this morning and took her home and put her in her bed. I got from work at 2 and she was so excited to see me! But she has been moping around the house now for the past couple of hours. She's not suppose to play or run for 7-10 days. This actually didn't just start today. Over the past week she has been whining a lot. She will lay down or stare at me and cry sometimes, and I just don't know what she wants. When she does it I get down and try to play with her, and mainly love on her b/c I hate to hear her cry. I don't know if she wants to play or what, but right now she is not allowed to play. What should I do? Any ideas on why she could be crying lately? It's just little whimpers but she never cries so I consider it crying. She also seems to be getting really attached to me, do you think it could be insecurity? I'm not sure, I just really need some advice. Anything would be helpful at this point! I need to make sure she doesn't hurt herself if she does play. Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

So she was whining and crying before she was spayed? How old is she?

Yea this past week she has. She by no means does it all the time. She was just doing it a second ago. I'm probably overreacting but it's something new that she's just started. She will be 7 months on the 9th

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

the moping could be a bit of pain/discomfort from the spay.

To be clear, she stands and stares and whines at you? She might just be wanting attention (and if you give it to her everytime she does this, you may be creating a monster.....)

I thought the same thing! But then again I don't want to just ignore her, you know? It's mostly when she's laying down or sitting, sometimes she's looking at me but most of the time she has a stuffed animal in her mouth chewing on it. This did start a few days before getting her spayed

kaytris is offline Senior Member

I wouldn't be overly concerned, as long as you do pay attention to her - training sessions, walks, fetch or games in the yard - throughout the day. She doesn't need and should not have your attention, 24/7.

lisa is offline Senior Member

Gracie is 8 months old, she is very whiny. she will just sit and stare at me if i am sitting down and then begin to whine. Sometimes she has to go potty other times she just wants to play. I would not be to concerned.

Thank you so much for all of your help! I can always use advice