Would your labs go off with a stranger?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would your labs go off with a stranger?

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultWould your labs go off with a stranger?

Colin's post yesterday about the boys running off to check out the border collie made me think of this. We've covered it in years past, but it hasn't been mentioned for a while (I think).

Would your lab(s) go off with a total stranger? Either by walking with them or getting into their vehicle? We'll assume you are somewhere in the vicinity of the dogs but maybe out of their sight.

Paddy would have gone with anyone, anywhere, any time. A man for all people, that boy.

Flynn would jump at the chance to go off with someone else. Anyone else! Just for a new misadventure! Gotta watch him like a hawk. Outlaws are like that, you know.

Seamus? I'm not so sure. I think he'd be reluctant to go, especially if he sensed I was in the area. I don't doubt someone could cajole him to coming along eventually, but again, I really think he would be uneasy about it.

Yours?

Seamus and Flynn

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

That's a good question!

With Lexi I am not sure, if it were just someone calling her, probably not. Offer her food, pretty sure she'd follow them anywhere. She is 100% food motivated.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

I think that mine would as long as they were friendly strangers. I have a petsitter come in, sometimes she has people who work for her, cover that day. So I think that they would be used to strangers.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Clancey no way no how.

Harper - not so sure.

zoezoe is offline Senior Member

Not sure about Dutch and Zena...Zena would be very hesitant unless she knew you...Dutch would go but keep looking back to see if I was coming to. Zoe would be like Flynn; where is the adventure.

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Bauer doesn't even get in the car at home unless he knows I am getting in too, he doesn't go in the house unless he knows I am going in too. He would probably be able to be lured with food, but he would be very uneasy about it. He will go up and greet anybody, but he doesn't like to be separated from me.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Rush probably would, she thinks everyone is a friend however, Boo might be a little hesitant and if they made any quick moves to grab her she'd be so gone that they wouldn't ever get a chance to get close to her again. She's funny like that.

dweck is offline Senior Member

For all his puss and bluster, Wesely is a velcro dog. If I go upstairs, he goes up. If I go downstairs, he goes down. He follows me like a shadow.

Which makes me think he'd be extremely reluctant to go off with someone he doesn't know.

Kelrobin Cleveland Street Denizen, CGC, RN [Parker]

"Dear George: Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence" -- IAWL Screenplay (1946)

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

penny and taylor would go, but i don't think luke would go. he is very attached to me. even if it were SU offering the car ride, i don't think luke would go unless i specifically tell luke to get in the car.

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

I think Saba would... when he meets a stranger willing to pet him, he acts like he never gets any attention, doesn't get fed and is overall abused at home. He's an attention *hore if you pardon the word.
    So yeah... sigh... I think he's a good candidate for dognapping.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast