Sam and Gracie

Thread: Sam and Gracie

PostSam and Gracie

Hi. Hope Baloo is home soon and good lucky dock diving Sally!

I was laid off this summer after 20 years with my hi-tech company.

Smiles have been hard to come by. I wanted to share this picture is of my Mom, my sister's 1 year old golden diva Gracie, and my Sammie.

My Mom has been through breast cancer and a stroke, but she is going strong.

When this picture was taken, my sis Sue and I had taken our Mom to a wonderful cabin near Estes Park, Co. Sue and I were playing horseshoes. Sam kept trying to catch the shoes as we threw them and Gracie was trying to get Sam to play, period.

As you can see from their expressions, they were banished from the horseshoe pit to sit by Grandma for the remainder of the game.

Gracia is 50 pounds and Sammie is 108...you can really see the size difference. :0)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Samson is offline Senior Member

Neat thunderbox ! It is a thunderbox isn't it ?

NM Lab Lover is offline Senior Member

Sam and Gracie are beautiful. Estes Park is a wonderful area to just relax and enjoy the outdoors. Your Mom looks like she is quite content too.

and, yes... that is a thunderbox or out-house, in the background.
    Love JL. Justlabradors.com!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

joflake is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Neat thunderbox ! It is a thunderbox isn't it ?
    That would be the privvy.

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

I am sorry you have had such a difficult time. Lovely pic though

Thanks for your replies. I've never heard the term thunderbox. I like that, Samson's Dad. Can you tell me the British historical reference behind the word?

In the midwest, we call them outhouses. Is there also a term loo or lou? I've heard of privvy before. :0)

Fortunately our little cabin had a a modern version for us to use.

Ninemiler is offline Member

Lots of similarities....

I lost my hi-tech job during the dot.com crash in the '90s. It was a time of high stress and moderate panic. My mom was recovering from cancer surgery then, and my sister and I both traveled back to northern WI to spend time with my parents at their lake house. We had all our dogs with us. I can tell you there was plenty of angst on all fronts, but we all took great pleasure in spending quiet time together - people and mutts - and I wouldn't have been able to do that if I hadn't lost my job. Nature, family and dogs gave all of us the peace we needed so badly. Since then, Mom fully recovered and I've been working - and wondering what's so great about having a fulltime job.

Hang in there. Things have a way of working out.

Hi Ninemiler. My Mom lives on a beautiful place 7 miles of out Denton, MT. My sister graduated from Bozeman with her teaching degree. Small world, huh?

How long were you out of work and how did you find your new job? Twenty years ago when I got out of college, I got the first job I applied for. Boy, have things changed. :0)

My son says that everything will work out for the best. I'm sure I'll agree when I get past this bumpy part of the road.