Need super strong chew toy recommendation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need super strong chew toy recommendation

DefaultNeed super strong chew toy recommendation

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a chew toy for a very aggressive chewer? My little one is about a year and a half old and destroys EVERY toy we have! I thought the black Kongs would sustain her little chompers, but she tore one of those apart tonight.

Help!

~ Kristen, Bella, and Gracie (aka Jaws)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

I've heard that if you contact the Kong Company after your dog destroys one of their "indestructibles" they will refund/replace

Have you tried the super tough Nylabones? Big Chews

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

wiscpayton is offline Senior Member

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ooh, good to know about Kong! I will definitely contact them.

Thanks for the recommendation on the Nylabones. Have you used them for your dog? I'm curious about what others think of those. I used to give them to my older dog, but she broke a tooth (don't know for sure that it was due to a Nylabone, but it's what I suspect). Unfortunately, I don't know that I have many other options for little Gracie!

~ Kristen, Bella, and Gracie

momofalab is offline Senior Member

I have resulted in giving Pitch nothing but bones. Poor dog wants stuffies so bad, but he destroys everyone he touches within seconds.
    the Galileo Bone
    Pitch has one of these. He has so many bite marks in it, that we have to be careful when he carries this around, otherwise, it will scratch the heck out of your legs/arms.

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

I haven't tried these but have heard good reports: http://www.boomerball.com/ They're actually zoo toys that have been retrofitted for dogs.

Agree about the Galileo Nylabone, too. Theo has chewed his into the shape of a shank, which will probably help him if he ever lands in the joint, but it's murder on your legs. He's also cut his gums on it, so I'm a little wary about it now.
    Last edited by theoconbrio; 09-04-2009 at 12:52 AM.

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Yep, my dogs get nylabones. Only my puppy will chew on unstuffed kongs, my older dog doesn't care for them if there's nothing in them He will, however, chew nylabones until he's exhausted.

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation on the Nylabones. Have you used them for your dog?...~ Kristen, Bella, and Gracie
    Caleb has two Nylabones, but not the Galileo. His are the Souper and Puzzlebone. Unfortunately, they don't make the Puzzlebone anymore, tho.

I've heard the "Tire eater" line of toys is pretty tough.

Thanks for all the recommendations!! I so appreciate it. I've never heard of those Boomer Balls, so I will definitely check those out. I'm still a little nervous about the Nylabones, and the tire thing lasted about 5 minutes here.

blackjack is offline Senior Member

Things BJ hasn't destroyed (short list) :

1) Nylabones for strong chewers - he loves them - has about five - all wickedly sharp

2) Toys from Planet Dog - http://www.planetdog.com/category.aspx?categoryID=46
    BUT - only those for 5 out of 5 chompers - anything less and he destroys it. He LOVES their yellow tennis balls

3) Jolly Balls http://www.dogtoys.com/jollypets.html
    We have two kinds - the one with the handle and the ball within the ball. He loves them both a lot. We got the really big ones so they are outside toys. The one with the handle has more tooth puncture than I can count but it does not pop. Just watch the handle - BJ hasn't done it but I have heard of other dogs chewing parts of it off.

4) Rubber Chuck-It balls - not the fuzzy tennis ball ones

5) He also has a kong frisbee and red ball that he hasn't destroyed.

Rusty, Blaze & Buster Brown
    BJ - 3/9/2007 - 2/6/12 - miss you everyday
    Boomer - ? - 3/15/12 - always in my heart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast