Meet Katie
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet Katie

mommacomet is offline Senior Member

DefaultMeet Katie

I want you to meet Katie. We picked her up about 4:30 and I am now officially pooped at 9:30. LOL She is a sweetheart and such a pretty girl.
    Katie got to ride home in the van (she always had to ride in the back of a truck before), got a wonderful warm bath (she literally was falling asleep while we gave it to her), ate her supper and has played.
    She is now sound asleep in her cage and I am not far behind her..LOL This poor girl is so starved for attention. I have a lot of work to do with her as she has been in a 8x8 kennel with little to no attention for months. I am sure
    with a little work all her training will come back quickly. She needs to loose some weight so I believe we will spending time outside quite a bit and we are planning on taking her to our county ponds later this week so she can swim.
    Any and all suggestions to help her settle are welcome.

Wow~ Look at all that green grass and those trees....

I know I saw a cat over there....

Can we go in now?

Whatcha Got??

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I have a new toy...and it squeaks! I never had one of these before..

Awwwwww...a good ole belly scratch. I like this man!

Frog legs!

Oh wow....my own chaise lounge??? Do I really have to share with you?

I really think I might like it here...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kelli is offline Senior Member

What a sweet girl.. =)

kelli, tucker and koda

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Aaww, what a sweetie. It really shows in that belly rub one. I think I missed something, tho- what's that sweetie's story?

I had a friend call me and tell me her cousin needed to rehome his 3 yo English black lab and the sooner we could get her out of there the better. Katie's daddy remarried and not only did they move but he gained 4 children so now its 2 adults and 5 kids in a small 3 bedroom house, and a smaller dog (his wife's boston terrier) and poor Katie has been went from being the center of his attention and living inside to not getting much attention at all and stuck outside in a a kennel.

When I got there today she was stuck outside all the way to the back of the property in an 8x8 kennel, a dog house (filthy no less) and an itty bitty water bowl with about a cup of water in it. I truly believe she has been in there much longer than the "couple of months" I was told. She is so starved for attention. We have some work to do but I think once she figures out she is going to get lots of attention the obedience training will come back, she will calm down a little bit. Biggest issue I see...she really would like to chase the kitties... a big NO NO. LOL

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mommacomet View Post
    I had a friend call me and tell me her cousin needed to rehome his 3 yo English black lab and the sooner we could get her out of there the better. Katie's daddy remarried and not only did they move but he gained 4 children so now its 2 adults and 5 kids in a small 3 bedroom house, and a smaller dog (his wife's boston terrier) and poor Katie has been went from being the center of his attention and living inside to not getting much attention at all and stuck outside in a a kennel...
    Oh yes, now I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by mommacomet View Post
    ...Biggest issue I see...she really would like to chase the kitties... a big NO NO. LOL
    I'm probably in the minority here, but I tend to let nature take it's course, to an extent. As long as you know the cat isn't going to be hurt, a good swat on the snout a couple of times will probably teach her to play nice.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

She is adorable! Congrats on gaining a new crew member!
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Ninemiler is offline Member

Kate is cute! Your story sounds much like my Sadie's. We picked up a dirty and overweight black sweetheart at the shelter...totally starved for attention. A bath, some toys, good food, visit to the vet and tons of exercise - she dropped 22 lbs and is my sweet little black button. She was a diamond in the rough and we love her to death.

zoezoe is offline Senior Member

she is beautiful!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast