disinfecting yard

Thread: disinfecting yard

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Defaultdisinfecting yard

Diesel has had the squirts from Prednisone post surgery and is improving - but my backyard (after cleaning up as best we could) STINKS.

I know I read here some time ago about disinfecting with a bleach solution. If anyone has done this can you advise the ratio of bleach to water?

TIA!
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mommacomet is offline Senior Member

I have saw at our Walmart and Big Lots stores jugs of stuff you hook to the water hose that is supposed to take away any smells from the dogs. Not sure if this will help or not. I have used a lawn fertilizer container that hooks up to your hose as well and filled it with bleach when there was a possible parvo scare with a friends dog she had here at the house many many years ago.

Peg

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

I have used Clorox Outdoor spray. You hook it to the garden hose. I used it when the boys were going through Giardia to disinfect the yard.
    (I bought mine at Lowes.)
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

If you're just looking to get rid of the smell, lime works great, andit's good for your yard to boot. You can use a fertilizer spreader to do the whole yard)

justine is offline Senior Member

There's a product called OdoBan that we use at work that really takes the stink out of the pee/poop that all the dogs get in their runs when they're boarding.. just not sure if it's okay for grass and all that.