Moderating: the help of JL mbrs identifying/notifying us of spam greatly appreciated

Thread: Moderating: the help of JL mbrs identifying/notifying us of spam greatly appreciated

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

DefaultModerating: the help of JL mbrs identifying/notifying us of spam greatly appreciated

An earlier version was previously X-posted on O&E
    To JL mbrs who use the white triangle to the right in the upper blue band (with the post's date and time) to notify us of spam posts -- thank you, so very, very much!!

Your help greatly reduces the time I must spend to scan and rescan multiple forums and multiple threads within forums to pick up any hidden spammers.

Yesterday, I deleted very few and Garth deleted many score.

Today, I was lucky, and despite several hours at the lake without a computer, once I clicked on show "new posts" and caught a spammer just beginning to post, waited a minute, and got about 15. Another time, a prompt notice from a JL member let me delete about 25.

Being a moderator gives me an unforeseen, strange twist in my motivations and thinking.

Before, I'd prefer to never see a spammer's posts.

Now, with this responsibility, I'm very happy to delete them but feel unexpectedly kind of unhappy when I can't find any needing deletion.

FWIW, Garth (in or near Brisbane, Aus.) is about 15 hours advanced from my time zone/date in Kansas (since Australia is across the international date line in mid-Pacific).

So, when it's 10 PM, Friday, here in Kansas, it's 10 AM + 3 hours = 1 PM, Saturday for Garth.

Given that I usually sleep 7 hrs. each night and, as far as I can tell, Garth sleeps about 3 hrs. , one or both of us will usually be monitoring the situation. With your continuing help, spam posts will usually be deleted within an hour or less.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! It can be a daunting job but you guys are soooo appreciated. Thanks also for stepping up to do this. YOU GUYS ARE TERRIFIC!!!!!