Hey Labrapals!! :D
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey Labrapals!! :D

DefaultHey Labrapals!! :D

Thank you all so much for your good thoughts and well wishes for little ol' me the past few days!!

I's feeling MUCH better today, and am happy to report, back to my normal bouncy monkey self!!

I even took Momma for a looong walk today!! She was worried because even yesterdays I wasn't feeling so good and I didn't want to go for any walkies AT ALL.

We went to see our regular vet today and she pronounced me 100%! She said I looked like a million bucks! Momma said that's prolly how much I've costed her! LOL! But she loves me sooo much and would spend that a million times over to make me feel goods again!!

Our regular vet said that this is prolly what happened... I just swallowed and swallowed and swallowed too much waters and it distended my tummy so much that it triggered my vagus nerve which made me barf and barf which irritated my system more and made me barf some more.

But I'm all done barfing now.

She said I might get runny poops in a few days if there were buggies in the water and if I do, Momma has to bring it in. Yeccch!

But otherwise, I's feeling really good!! So labrapals, the moral of the story is, try to keep your mouth closed while swimming and try not to get dunked too much!!

Thanks again!!!

Loves, Henery & my Momma!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Hey Labrapals!! :D

Glad you're feeling all better Henery! Happy says that's why he don't go swimming and Lucky is glad for your advise because she loves to swim all the times!

Sam says he's not sure how he feels about water but he's glad you're feeling better and if you lived close he'd play with you lots!!

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Wow, Henery it sure sounds like it wasn't any fun being sick and barfing. Glad you are back to normal, and thanks for the tip about keeping my mouth closed while swimming. I'll have to remember that IF MOM ever takes us to a lake or pond.
    Your friend
    Rush

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Hiya Henery. I am so glad to hear that you are back to your monkey self. It isn't any fun to be sick. You are one smart pupper though. I haven't heard about the vagus nerve since I took A&P in college. It brings back memories.

She said I might get runny poops in a few days if there were buggies in the water and if I do, Momma has to bring it in. Yeccch!

But otherwise, I's feeling really good!! So labrapals, the moral of the story is, try to keep your mouth closed while swimming and try not to get dunked too much!!
    I think that vet is a little bit of a spoilsport though. How can you retrieve with your mouth closed? Sheesh!

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Oh that vagus nerve makes you do funny things, Auntie Jeanne! Momma told me a story once of a chiropractor who was adjusting a girl's back and he hit her vagus and she projectile vomited!!! How kewl is that??

I dunno how I'm gonna carry my bumper AND keep my mouth closed at the same time. That is gonna be hard. Maybe if I hold it like this?

sarah is offline Senior Member

SO glad that you are feeling better Henery!!!!
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

AReims is offline Senior Member

Good to see you back to your bouncy self Henery!

Hi Henery,

We are so glad that you are feeling better and are done with barfing for now. Swimming with your mouth closed? No way.

Your pals,
    Jenica and Diesel

PhoebeJeebies is offline Senior Member

Henery! So glad you's 100%! See you for playdates today, k? I gots the pond itchies again.
    Loves,
    Phoebers
    Becca & Phoebe

Oh no! Not the pond itchies!!!!

See you at 4 todays??

You want Momma to bring you some of my spray leave-in conditioner?? It smells pretty!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast