UNITED LABRADOR RETIREVER ASSOCIATION LABRADOR SPECIALY

Thread: UNITED LABRADOR RETIREVER ASSOCIATION LABRADOR SPECIALY

WeHeartLabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultUNITED LABRADOR RETIREVER ASSOCIATION LABRADOR SPECIALY

Just wanted to share that the ULRA will be hosting an UKC Labrador Specialty Saturday July 12th in Centerton, New Jersey . This will be a great event for those who have never tried the UKC before and want to see what its all about! If your lab is not registered with the UKC is VERY simple! You can apply for a temporary liscnece number AT THE SHOW THAT DAY or online at https://www.ukcdogs.com/DEWebCom.nsf/TL%20Web?OpenForm . Details of the show are below. Pre-enteries are due by July 5th and is only $15! T

hey are also offering non-license classes so you can bring your novice puppies (3-6 months), your vetrans or your altered labs to show! Hope to see you there

this group is extremely friendly and out going....no one is that competitive...people support each other and their dogs and are truly happy when someone wins. Your dog needs 0 experience and neither do you. just come out and see what a show is like.
    Everyone there will be Lab people...ok enough said...You will feel welcome and so will your lab.

the show site is approx 40 mins or less from the WW bridge.
    there was a concession stand last year with great bbq, burgers and hotdogs, water, soda, etc.
    But pack your own water for yourself and the dogs.
    also, there is very little shade at this site.
    Bring a tent or crates and shades...you willneed them.
    They set up about 6 baby pools for the labs to cool off in and the judges are very observant and have you wait in the shade until your number is called. If you have always wanted to try to show your dog at a real show, this is your chance.
    You can pre register OR just show up the morning of and get a temp number assigned.

The Lab people all set up camp together on this big horse farm. So look around and ask where the lab people are.
    For the other 3 shows that weekend there will be different breeds from all over....labs have a supported entry which is nice.

The judges are all well thought of, many of them being Lab breeders themselves.
    Because this is a UKC sponsored show, no professional handlers are allowed. You may not hire someone to show
    your dog. Everyone in the ring is an owner-show combo just like you.

The club is great, well organized and as helpful as they can be. Nothing phases them and if they can help you out, they will find someone who can.
    We are going to be there with Aidan and Ruby....and hope for the best. I need a judge who doesnt mind getting face licked upon
    bending down to meet Ruby. Once she kisses them, she is fine.

I will be there to help if any of you want to give it a try. I can talk you through the whole thing.
    You wont be sorry you came! That's for sure.
    If you have a question, send to me or post them here and I'll make sure to find the answer for you.

PACKING LIST
    sun screen
    bug spray - skin so soft towelettes for the pups to
    crates
    fans- the Ryobi fans with lithium rechargeables are awesome...I have 2 of them
    Big Cooler with ice for water bottles, spritzzerr bottle for their mouth to keep it moist and get rid if anything in their teeth before you enter.
    Lots of drinks....
    Big pitcher of water for the dogs and also lots of fluids for you.
    chairs
    Umbrellas or tents
    blankets for the dogs to lie on so they dont get hot or dirty
    Pack a lunch or buy there
    there was NO coffee there last time in the early morning so come with your own
    shades, blankets, chairs, umbrellas, crates, thermos', water bottles and a special water bottle for their mouths.
    food and treats and bait

There were several concession stands last time where we got some nice leads and collars for a very good price.
    And toys...there was a dog toy show there also selling the fleece stuff..mats, toys, beds, balls

Lots of young kids at this show also so bring the kids! This is probably one of the best shows to get your JR started in.
    The judges are so good with the kids and really connect with them before the judging begins. The one judge calls all over
    announcng the JR event is starting and makes us all go over and cheer for the kids with their dogs.

Its a very informal, friendly show with tons of experienced people around if you have questions.
    Also, lots of breeders are there and they will sometimes bring some of the pups from their litters.

If you come knowing 2 people you will leave with 10 business cards and numerous digits put into your phone.

Please try and make it if you can. Im going and Im going to try and get Debi, Elias, and Pat with Jake and abbey to come.
    Stacey is going to try and be there also. Let us know if youre coming.

NEW JERSEY
    UNITED LABRADOR RETRIEVER ASSOCIATION
    CENTERTON (O) CONF JS
    (Held In Conjunction With Garden State Kennel Club)
    TEMPORARY LISTINGS AVAILABLE AT THIS EVENT
    July 12; Danny Bussard JS (GRP4) LR Entries 12-1 pm Show to follow S2 of GSKC NLC: Novice Puppy, Veteran, Altered, Special Exhibition (Top Ten title holders, Obedience Title holders) FMI contact club
    DOS $25; JS $5; NLC $10; PE $20 received by July 5, 2008
    Circle D Farm. 466 Centerton Rd 08302 (856) 575-0496; From Route 55 traveling South: Exit 35B, Route 674. Go west on Rt. 674 to Route 553. Go south (left) on Route 553. This will be Centerton Road. Stay on Route 553 South to show site on right. From Route 55 traveling North: Exit 27 for Route 47, Delsea Drive. Take Route 47 North (right turn at end of exit ramp) to Route 540. Take Route 540 West (left turn) to Centerton Road. You will see the Centerton Inn. Turn left onto Centerton Road or Route 553 South to show site on right. www.ulra.net
    Chairperson: Jim Scott [email protected]
    Event Secretary: Jeanette Scott, 738 Herbertsville Rd, Brick NJ 08724 (732) 785-9739 [email protected]

*** Also there will be 3 other shows that weekend at the same location (one Saturday morning, two Sunday) which are support enteries. Show at just the specialty, just Saturday or the whole weekend for a total of 4 shows!

NEW JERSEY
    GARDEN STATE KENNEL CLUB
    CENTERTON (O) CONF JS
    (Held In Conjunction With United Labrador Retriever Association)
    July 12; S1 Danny Bussard JS SCENT SIGHT NORTH TERR; John Booth GUARD GUN HERD (except BSD) COMP Entries 7-8 am Show 9 am

July 13; S1 Sally Davidson JS SCENT SIGHT NORTH TERR; John Davidson GUARD GUN HERD (except BSD) COMP Entries 7-8 am Show 9 am
    July 13; S2 John Davidson JS SCENT SIGHT NORTH TERR; Sally Davidson GUARD GUN HERD (except BSD) COMP Entries 10:30-11:30 am Show to follow S1
    DOS $20; JS $5; PE $15 received by July 5, 2008
    Circle D Farm. 466 Centerton Rd 08302 (856) 575-0496; From Route 55 traveling South: Exit 35B, Route 674. Go west on Rt. 674 to Route 553. Go south (left) on Route 553. This will be Centerton Road. Stay on Route 553 South to show site on right. From Route 55 traveling North: Exit 27 for Route 47, Delsea Drive. Take Route 47 North (right turn at end of exit ramp) to Route 540. Take Route 540 West (left turn) to Centerton Road. You will see the Centerton Inn. Turn left onto Centerton Road or Route 553 South to show site on right.
    Chairperson: Lori Girard (609) 425-2305 [email protected]
    <br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

WeHeartLabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: UNITED LABRADOR RETIREVER ASSOCIATION LABRADOR SPECIALY

Please remember this...
    It does matter if your dog was fixed, altered. They have a special class for that and also a fun match for the puppies.
    They are also offering non-license classes so you can bring your novice puppies (3-6 months), your veterans or your altered labs to show!

You still have plenty of time to register your dog with the UKC
    They make it very simple to do online and they get your number back to you very quickly.
    Or, simplu apply for a number that morning and get one that way. Either way-works.
    <br /><br />

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Ohh, sounds like bunches of fun.

I am going to check my schedule (want to be sure I am not scheduled to read at 5:00 p.m. mass). If I am not, I will be there. Not sure if I will bring Lex-meister with me, as she tends to be a little antsy in new places.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

*bumping back to page 1*
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09