is a half of over ripe banana enough?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is a half of over ripe banana enough?

Kathryn Guest

Defaultis a half of over ripe banana enough?

To hold Jaceys tummy over till her next meal?
    Shes been getting sick in the mornings from having an empty tummy. Its every about 15-30 mins before its time to eat.. Today I was got a little longer than expected and didnt get home to feed her dinner on time. I wont add to her food because shes on the the heavy side i think.. We have tried carrots and other veggies but she dosnt like them at all.. She LOVES bananas. We are trying to stay away from dog treats and bread or crackers since they have been making her ears yucky..
    Any ideas?? I really dont want to get up to a sick dog every morning.
    Side note I have been able to get her to vomit into a bag so that I dont have to clean it off the carpet.. Therse just no way I can make it from the bedroom to the back door to let her out when shes getting sick.. Im so glad she will let me put a bag under her when she is getting sick. It makes my life a lot easier. I dont do vomit..

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sarah is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: is a half of over ripe banana enough?

I don't do vomit well either!! It's very kind of her to let you place the bag under her when she's sick. I am not sure about the banana though sorry - I hope Jacey gets better soon!
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

I don't know about the banana but you might want to think about getting a bag of doggie chicken jerky at Costco or Sam's Club. I pay around $13 for a 3 pound bag. That is among my latest treats for Cinnamon. You could give her 2 or 3 pieces it is 100% meat so it won't mess up her ears. Cinnamon loves it as a snack.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Buy wheat-free treats and give her a couple just before bedtime in the evening.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Dani is offline Senior Member

banana will be fine. Rider adores them too. Start with a half and see how it helps.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by azlab
    I don't know about the banana but you might want to think about getting a bag of doggie chicken jerky at Costco or Sam's Club. I pay around $13 for a 3 pound bag. That is among my latest treats for Cinnamon. You could give her 2 or 3 pieces it is 100% meat so it won't mess up her ears. Cinnamon loves it as a snack.
    One of HKs favorites. It is her standard bedtime snack. If I forget to give it to her, she will sit at the container and bark.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I read on here that starting them on a pro-biotic help with the empty tummy syndrome. I did that with Peanut, and she's MUCH better than she was, it TOTALLY helped!!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Kathryn Guest

well that was a night of my life... Something else must be wrong. She woke me up at 1140 to go out Odd for her. she came back in I get everyone all comfy in bed and then with out warning she gave me nice luquid mush banana and mashed dogfood all over the bed and floor..
    She wouldnt eat this morning..
    But she is pooping and peeing so I'm not to worried yet. I just hope she feels better for dinner and can keep that down. Im gone all day tomorrow and really dont want to worry about her getting sick in her crate and having to lay in it :vomit:

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

So she has be sick in the morning, for how long? The empty stomach theory seem rationale.
    P&P seem normal, so blockage has been discounted.
    What about a partial blockage?

But now she is sick in the evening.

I would be at the vets office to find out what's going on. But that is me.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Kathryn Guest

it had neem amost 6 hours since she ate when she got sick. but not all her dinner came back. it was very little of her dinner that came back.. its been 7 hours since she got sick. She may have ate a few bites this morning but she didnt eat it all because Dakota was in her dish eatting the rest of Jaceys food. Most the time Jaceys trying to push Dakota out of the way to eat her food. She seems fine other wise.. Shes asleep on my bed with her head on my pillows..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast