Camping!

Thread: Camping!

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

DefaultCamping!

We took Dozer for his first camping experience this weekend. It took place in my parents' (country) back yard with our tent trailer (rather than in the wilderness in Algonquin Park in a little tent and a canoe). He loved it! He did so great! And he's SMART. When it was raining he knew to get under the shelter. He knew to stay back from the camp fire too ... something I worry about. What a good boy! He did sneak onto the bench of the tent trailer to sleep at night, but neither hubby or I minded. It's an older tent trailer (1978) and Dozer kept quiet the whole night and didn't bother anyone, and didn't try to get into the beds. Good boy Dozey!!

I didn't get any pics ... too rainy. Bleh. That's the only part of the weekend that sucked. Well, that and hubby's massive hangover this morning. LMAO!!
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lisa is offline Senior Member

Good boy dozer...he is so cute

georgie is offline Senior Member

Sounds like fun. Good boy Dozer.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kelli is offline Senior Member

Algonquin park is particular about where they allow dogs.. so if you do go there, make sure you find ahead of time.

I'm glad it went well.. I get to try this with two dogs and one tent in a few weeks... eek?

kelli, tucker and koda

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

Algonquin isn't too bad for allowing dogs, but yes, making sure I'm not in a dog free zone is important. They have a few designated dog free areas in some of the campgrounds, but not too many. That being said when we go to Algonquin we don't stay at the campgrounds (except in October) we canoe in and wilderness camp. Enjoy your tenting adventure with two dogs! Where are you camping?

From the Algonquin website:
    Pets must be kept under control at all times, and on a leash not longer than two metres. No pets in swimming areas or on beaches. You must clean up after your pet. Dogs should not be left alone on campsites to bark and disturb other campers. Dog-free areas are designated at Achray, Canisbay Lake, Mew Lake, and Pog Lake campgrounds (see campground maps for details). Pets are not allowed in yurts or on campsites with yurts, in ranger cabins, on the Mizzy Lake Trail, and in public buildings.
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)