Question for the Ladies of JL (oops, should have posted this in Odds & Ends)

Thread: Question for the Ladies of JL (oops, should have posted this in Odds & Ends)

DefaultQuestion for the Ladies of JL (oops, should have posted this in Odds & Ends)

Updated to say.......Sorry, I just realized that I accidentally posted this in Lab Chat instead of Odd and Ends. :embarrass:

Just curious as to how often you have a Pap Test done and what's the norm. I know this can vary from person to person depending on circumstances, but for your average person I wonder what the general recommendation is now for someone over 40. They used to automatically do it every year with a check-up here, but now they seem to think every two years is okay as long as your last pap was normal. Is that pretty standard.

Does your doctor still do a pelvic exam if you don't have a pap?

TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mombear is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Question for the Ladies of JL

Every single year since I was married. No reason not to. I have grandchildren to live for and hopefully more to come.

fourbabygirls Guest

Once a year, now. I'm in my late 20s, and had an abnormal result a few years back. After that, I had to have one every 6 months for a year or so.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Anne is offline Senior Member

Every year. Like clockwork.

Murphy, Riley, and Piper

MissZoesMom is offline Senior Member

My OB/GYN is old school, she does one every year reguardless of the previous results. Good thing, too, because I had abnormal results that got caught early because I didn't wait another two years between PAP's. I know a lot of doc's do it every two or three years if you have been normal for three years running.

blacklabelias is offline Senior Member

Every year.
    You might want to post this in Odds and Ends

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MissZoesMom
    My OB/GYN is old school, she does one every year reguardless of the previous results. Good thing, too, because I had abnormal results that got caught early because I didn't wait another two years between PAP's. I know a lot of doc's do it every two or three years if you have been normal for three years running.
    Same here. My cervical cancer was caught very early because I have them yearly.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

sarah is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by fourbabygirls
    Once a year, now. I'm in my late 20s, and had an abnormal result a few years back. After that, I had to have one every 6 months for a year or so.
    Very similar for me too. I have them annually, but had an abnormal one at 23 and needed to have it cut out. Then had to have them every 6 months for the first 2 years and then every year after that. My family has a history of cervical cancer so I take having them done seriously, I also have had the cervical cancer vaccination.
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

Quote Originally Posted by blacklabelias
    Every year.
    You might want to post this in Odds and Ends
    So sorry. I just went to look in Odds and Ends and wondered where my post had gone. Oops! :embarrass:

DefaultRe: Question for the Ladies of JL (oops, should have posted this in Odds & Ends)

Every year. They say that if most have been normal, you do not need one each year but what do "they" know? I need peace of mind.

Bev.